Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: seems very quiet on this board?

Guess what happens when u google 'pink bull'. sheesh..............

Last edited by herosrest; 10-17-2007 at 09:05 PM.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Really rock, I do quite understand how things go. I am on a fixed income and never have the monies to do the things I may want in terms of upgrades,or even adding some piece of HW. I have like four non essential pieces i wantbut they can all wait a bit more.
    My rig, although meager by todays tech. runaround plays any top end game out today and is rock solid... The 939 chipset is still good to go really, unless your a performance freak and if you have to play the best top end games out today and tomorrow. Its all about waht you want to do with it.

I play alot of games... to my surmise, i need to find ways to do more constructive thigns with it maybe. But, to each thier own i always say. What works for one may not work for others. If your happy then who cares.

I think maybe thats a 'crane', but not sure. Sure is a good lookin bird. Any animal that just stands around and looks good i gots to take my hat off to...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Yeah that!
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    I dunt plays gamez! .......... Dunt understanding em'

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    i need to find ways to do more constructive thigns with it
    Surfin' wiv one hand down pantz perhaps

I already do that...
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Dis-goostin' .......... But fun all that same

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Really rock, I do quite understand how things go. I am on a fixed income and never have the monies to do the things I may want in terms of upgrades,or even adding some piece of HW. I have like four non essential pieces i wantbut they can all wait a bit more.
    My rig, although meager by todays tech. runaround plays any top end game out today and is rock solid... The 939 chipset is still good to go really, unless your a performance freak and if you have to play the best top end games out today and tomorrow. Its all about waht you want to do with it.
    This computer does an excellant job of multitasking, videos, internet, etc. but the processor being an AMD and other hardware factors it couldn't play one of the newer games of today if it's existance depended on it. I can't really risk pushing it any faster than it's already going since it generates an excessive amount of heat as it is and I really would like a functional computer until I can buy newer parts for it.

It would be wishful thinking for me to even get anything close to what you have, lol.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Its the CPU.. very old, but a classic and good one. get a meager mid range board that supports PCIE and you can play any game out today.even with that chipset.

My board i got for around $68.00, and its rock stable. Supports both AGP and PCIE, and both work flawless. I can play any game out, even with my 1 GB ram. Had a hard time lately making dcision on my upgrade. If I added 2GB ram and like a 4800 CPU, it would be top end for sure. That was my former decision, but now i am getting a top end current build.

I remember when i had a GF 4200 card. It ws 64MB, and needed to upgrade just to play Splinter Cell. It all has to do with shader modeling and ram. Bus speeds are needed also. Thats what you get with todays cards. Graphics look absolutely amazing. No comparison to even my old FX5900.
    If you do upgrade, do not aste your time with like say a 7300. they look like ??
    ( even a X800 Pro AGP is good and cheap right now if found.

X2 or Dual or dual core ships are made for multitasking. My old P4 Northwood was good but would hang a bit on heavy multitasking. In the early days, AMD chips were better than Intel at this. Of course its a new ballgame today with both makers.
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 10-18-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231
    since it generates an excessive amount of heat as it is
    But you live in a refrigerator ?

I could guaruntee that my system could double as a space heater if you'd had to do some heavy work and took the case's side panel off.

The video card I have now has 128mb of memory to it, and it probably would make a decent card if it were AGP rather than PCI. I used a GeForce3 card on the same computer and it only had 32mb of memory to it, but it was AGP 4x and it ran the same games that I can play much quicker and it didn't cause sound issues either (which I do have now because the video card, I can assume, takes up a huge amount of bandwidth on the PCI bridge).

I didn't realize there were any PCI-e boards out there that I could put that processor on. If that's the case maybe I should look for something like that...

I think part of my heat issue is the cooling setup I have now. A Zalman fan might do the trick ('bout $45 U.S. on RadioShack's site, cheaper elsewhere possibly).

Of course, this all falls on whether or not I can get the money for all this. All in good time...
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    But you live in a refrigerator ?

I thought he lived under a rock?

Quote Originally Posted by mireland
    I thought he lived under a rock?
    But you've already occupied it, Mire.

Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231
    But you've already occupied it, Mire.
    wrong.