Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: seems very quiet on this board?

seems very quiet on this board?

Having hung around on this board for many years farther back that my current listing shows, well back to the Celeron 300A overclocked to 500 mhz days that is, it seems this board is very quiet these days.

I see quite a few old hands that I reconize, but still it is quiet, at least from what I remmember from 5+ years ago. Have a lot of people just lost interest? I am just curious.

I know in my case I have been fairly quiet until I decided to move up from my current XP3200+ and build a new AM2 machine and realized just how far out of date I am/was !

David

Have a lot of people just lost interest? -> You have first hand experience so you tell us
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Well where have YOU been!?

just wait til windows Vista gets firmly planted....the questions/anger/frustration will come RIGHT out....

I understand Vista SP1 reinstalls XP...

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I understand Vista SP1 reinstalls XP...

In my case I went and did a few other things once I built up the XP computer, played around a bit with my first love, the digital (DEC) alpha chips and played around with the Mepis linux distro.

I haven't got the bug yet for Vista, I like the Aero look, but just not into it quite yet.

Heck, the big game I am playing right now is M/S Fury3 so that dates me also.

Been hanging out on teh automotive forums as well, been playing around with my supercharged Olds, making it faster while still trying to keep the fuel mileage close to 30 on the hiway, my very old dog passed away, had to say goodbye to a good friend, been dealing with both of my aging parents, mom had a stroke, dad has cancer and they are divorced and live 60 miles apart, so that makes helping them very time consuming.

So yeah, life goes on... I have the new AM2 computer up and running (started with a 5600+, decided to go with the 6400+), still haven't switched my files over to it, bench testing it, overclocking (stable at 3.46mhz, does 3.56mhz), but not totaly stable) it and testing, etc, so I am banging away on the old XP3200 for now.

-yawn- and back to work tommorow.. lol life does fill up with other things I have to say! David

Myself, I am more than likely posting on the gaming section, but i always go there and feel as though it is slow or slower than i would like. If you look at all the other sections though, i would gather this might be why it seems slow. Some sections are just a bit more busy then others. Such is life. Whose to say how life reacts at times? Spontaneous interaction may be a intersting topic to bring up for discussion.

That being, I for one am glad you brought this up. Typically, i just think most have other things to do. Thats all. No mystery.. When technical areas and goings on and gaming heats up , then the board may sizzle .., then slow down.

for once, MS is thinking on lines of all of us instead of me me me... I love that idea. How grand is that? Like getting a fee copy for the same money?I take it mean just that or am i wrong.. Nice link..

For all of you who have more of a real life then I, I say good for you. LOL
    Last edited by Rabbitrunner51; 10-15-2007 at 01:56 AM.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Quote Originally Posted by dmanlyr
    ...it seems this board is very quiet these days.
    Most users ever online was 1569, 01-15-2004 at 12:40 PM.
    And I thought when I joined that this place was busy.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

we can always discuss politics and sex...that always seems to get the place jumping....

Mireland, get your head out of the gutter boy..
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51

throw away your keyboard.

It lites up so i can't LOL

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    He suffers from vertigo