Thread: Abit AN9 Bios problems

Abit AN9 Bios problems

First board - Abit AN9 32X - the bios will not hold any custom settings in the uguru screen, such as DDR voltage (my Patriot is 2.2v) and has lost the date and time once. Further, board very unstable under XP, random crashes, etc. No overclocking at all. factory settings other than ram voltages.

Can't / didn't want to wait for a RMA'd board, so I bought another -

Second board - Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X - bios holds all settings, EXCEPT that it will not power on with anything other than button only, reguardless of which power on option I choose under power settings, example if you choose "any key" it shows this, but it only turns on with the button. ARRGHHH! Is it possible that TWO units in a row are bad? Has Abit really come to this? Good thing though is that it is noce and stable, so other than the power on issue, it works well.

Any thoughts as to why the "any key", "left mouse button", "right mouse button", etc won't work? I am using standard PS/2 mice and keyboards. I have done some research on the web, nothing in paticular came up in the second boards issue, although the no bios setting holding on the first board is documented.

Thanks, David

Usually, those settings are for waking from Standby only. Although I never use those settings deliberately, I've never had a PC wake from the power-off condition by using mouse or keyboard.

Have you made sure that any relevent jumpers are set to allow such shenanigans? I've seen a lot of keyboard jumpers up near the power supply area on ATX motherboards.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Hello Bill, thanks for the thoughts - yes, I have made sure that everything is as it should be, and my older NF7 and the first AN9 boot fine with "any key" for that matter I had a old Epox HKA8 or somthing like that (XP2100+ max, I remember that!) booted as well from "any key".

I have noticed that the cheaper motherboards like ECS don't have this feature. Guess I will just have to reach over and actually hit the button.

Weird, my faith in Abit is a bit tarnished to say the least.

David