Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Christians needs to lighten the hell up

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    Two wrongs would be "be censored, because we are", I said "say what you want, as long as we can".
    Actually, what you've repeatedly said is that Griffin should be censored because, as you see it, Christians are being censored. If you think it's wrong that Christians are being censored--I'd still like to see some evidence re: the censorship of Christians--then why would you want that same wrong applied to any other group? I would think that, as a true Christian, the teachings of your religion would compel you to want to act in the way you would like to be treated. The whole Golden Rule thing if you remember that.

I'd also like to point out that, iirc, the girl with the ring you mentioned was going against a "no jewelry" policy, claiming that the ring was religious in nature. That's not censorship. It's a Christian wanting special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreguy
    Ghandi would have found a way to not go down that road. ....So, no links from you?
    That's why no one ever referred to me as "Mahatma".

Quote Originally Posted by Tantone
    If our schools actually taught acceptance, diversity, and understanding for the differences in people, I think we'd be far better off.
    Spoken by the poster boy for acceptance and understanding.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    DARDADARDAR
    I'm getting tired of restating what seem to me at least, like simple concepts.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

There's no reason it shouldn't be is there? Like I said, America's Government was founded on Christian principles and Christianity.
    1. This is not a government forum.

2. This is not an "American" forum. Our members are primarily English speakers, but they are not strictly American or even English. We are literally "the world". Get used to it.

3. Even if this was an American forum, our country allows for religious freedom. This has resulted in a mix of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, atheists, agnostics, Wiccans and who knows what else. They are all free to worship (or not) as they please, no thanks to "thinkers" such as yourself. They should not be subject to Christian dogma. I can only imagine how non-Christians must roll their eyes when the "religious right" gets on their high horse.

It's this sort of narrow thinking that scares me. Open your mind please. If you are going to pray, do it as Paul (nee Saul) said you should - in private. We don't want to hear it.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    1. This is not a government forum.

2. This is not an "American" forum. Our members are primarily English speakers, but they are not strictly American or even English. We are literally "the world". Get used to it.

3. Even if this was an American forum, our country allows for religious freedom. This has resulted in a mix of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, atheists, agnostics, Wiccans and who knows what else. They are all free to worship (or not) as they please, no thanks to "thinkers" such as yourself. They should not be subject to Christian dogma. I can only imagine how non-Christians must roll their eyes when the "religious right" gets on their high horse.

It's this sort of narrow thinking that scares me. Open your mind please. If you are going to pray, do it as Paul (nee Saul) said you should - in private. We don't want to hear it.
    So are you saying though that none of those parties you listed has any right to post anything pertaining to their beliefs here?
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

Why? This is a technical resource. There is no place for voodoo here.

Please don't pretend to represent me or anyone else here with this religious claptrap. You only speak for yourself. Religion has caused enough acrimony, suffering and death. If there is one god, he's probably trying to tell us to stop screwing up the world in his name. That's a god that I can believe in.
    MS MCP, MCSE

But it's a technical resource that has an OT board. There's alot of stuff posted here that has nothing to do with technology and such. The main point (I think) of this topic was to say nobody "should" be censored, but we butted heads with our differences. But saying religious talks don't belong in the OT forum seems more of a reflection of the reason we're arguing here.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

I'm getting tired of restating what seem to me at least, like simple concepts.
    You say it's ok to censor Griffin because Christians are censored, which is blatantly vengeful in nature.

When confronted with that, you say it about fairness. Yet you cite no examples of Christians being censored other than a story about a girl and a ring, which you don't even know the details of.

This all coming from someone who asks a question about whether the bible could be proving science wrong.

But it's a technical resource that has an OT board. There's alot of stuff posted here that has nothing to do with technology and such. The main point (I think) of this topic was to say nobody "should" be censored, but we butted heads with our differences. But saying religious talks don't belong in the OT forum seems more of a reflection of the reason we're arguing here.
    BTW, you DO understand that this entire site, let alone the OT forum, is not subject to standard free speech rights. Fairness doesn't have to exist here.

Talk about vengeful statements after you talk about you telling Christians to get on a boat and move to a new land mass. Honestly, I'm done with this topic. It's a mass of pointing fingers that isn't going to get anywhere. People differ in opinion, it's what makes the world interesting.

I hold nothing against any of you. It was an interesting discussion, but it isn't going anywhere. Now, I'm going to go back to tinkering with my spare hardware.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Will you lot kindly quit spitting out your pacifiers & throwing your yo-yo's about ........ Trying to keep a tidy ship here & it just won't do

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    That's why no one ever referred to me as "Mahatma".
    Is this a good point to dive in with the Mahatmacoat quippe ?

Ok sorry

I recon' Billybobs suggestion of a thread on arbortion was a great idea, mind you so is communism in theory