Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Christians needs to lighten the hell up

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    Wonder whatever happened to turning the other cheek?????????

All the religious people I know would say: "Poor misguided woman" and be done with it. They’d also respect her right to say it.
    Nothing happened to turning the other cheek. But there is a fine line there that people do not see, and they try to use "turning the other cheeck" to say they can beat on Christians all they want without them doing anything.

She IS a poor misguided woman, and I'm fine with leaving it at that, but tantone simply needed to know whether I was for her being censored or not. I told him I am for the censoring, all because of equality. It's really getting rediculous. It's becoming a game now. It's a "haha you got censored", "yeah well you did too" kind of thing. Simply if people want to censor Christians, they shouldn't have any more right to say anything in opposition to Christianity. For the sake of fairness THAT'S how it should be. If you want to say things against Christianity, I don't care, it's your right, as long as you let us say want we want to for it, then go right ahead.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 09-12-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

In her speech, Griffin said that "a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."
    Christians - 183 (making up a large number of people that probably thanked Jesus)

Non Christians - ONE

Sounds pretty fair to me. Shouldn't all the 183 thankers get censored too?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Quote Originally Posted by Baddog
    Hey TanTone....do the math for me, I want to here your opinion on the dates here.
    I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking.

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking.
    They are older but lets just say humans were around 65,000 years ago....the first part of the bible was written 1450 BC.....That is a lapse of 63,550 years after the So called Adam and Eve were created, before the bible was written.
    Most people cant remember from one day to the next and tell the same story twice. How could the bible be correctly written after 63,550 years.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    Christians - 183 (making up a large number of people that probably thanked Jesus)

Non Christians - ONE

Sounds pretty fair to me. Shouldn't all the 183 thankers get censored too?
    In a sense yes, but still as rwest put it, was she simply stating her desire to not thank God, or was she blatantly attacking without provocation. See I'm thinking outside of the emmy's as well. Mostly schools, colleges, etc. There was even one story about a college that told a girl she had to take off her purity ring because it was a religious symbol.

It just so happens that the first censoring of an attack on Christianity that I've ever heard of took place in an event where the ones thanking God can actually do just that. Sometimes voicing of Christianity is let through, sometimes voicing against Christianity is let through. Sometimes they're both killed. It goes hand in hand, it isn't just isolated in one place such as the Emmys. See people started censoring Christians, which starts the "if you censor us why should you be able to say anything", which starts, "well if we're both censored, then you can't say what you said that they didn't censor", which in turn gets, "well then if what I said that wasn't censored should've been, what you said should've been censored too". I see her getting censored at the emmy's just ONE victory for equality chalked up over many losses in the school system/media/government/you name it.

Christians censored: 183

Statements attacking Christianity censored: 1

See how it goes?

Quote Originally Posted by baddog
    They are older but lets just say humans were around 65,000 years ago....the first part of the bible was written 1450 BC.....That is a lapse of 63,550 years after the So called Adam and Eve were created, before the bible was written.
    Most people cant remember from one day to the next and tell the same story twice. How could the bible be correctly written after 63,550 years.
    So is it science proving the Bible wrong, or is it the Bible proving science wrong?
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 09-12-2007 at 03:15 PM.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

I see that tantone is still trolling...

What's next on your agenda - abortion?

For the record, I have no trouble with faith or religion. I don't trust churches. Anyone who professes to know the mind of God is inherently untrustworthy. Keep your religion where it belongs - at home and in your "house o' God". It doesn't belong here, on the job or in the halls of government.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    It doesn't belong here, on the job or in the halls of government.
    There's no reason it shouldn't be is there? Like I said, America's Government was founded on Christian principles and Christianity.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 09-12-2007 at 03:32 PM.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    There's no reason it shouldn't be is there? Like I said, America's Government was founded on Christian principles and Christianity.
    Actually, the founding fathers of our country made it a point to separate church and state. Take the Pledge of Allegiance for example. God wasn't in originally. It was added later. In your view of fairness, removing it would be the next logical step.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    So is it science proving the Bible wrong, or is it the Bible proving science wrong?
    The Bible is story after story. Since when does a story "prove" anything?

As to your ideas of fairly applying the rules of censorship, since when did two wrongs make a right? How are you acting in a better way by wanting to reciprocate what you think is wrong?

Actually, the founding fathers of our country made it a point to separate church and state. Take the Pledge of Allegiance for example. God wasn't in originally. It was added later.
    Funny, how the man who wrote it was a Christian though hm?

Seperation of Church and State did not mean keep Christianity in a building. It meant the government couldn't spy on the Church and had no say as to what worship goes on there.

In your view of fairness, removing it would be the next logical step
    I fail to see the logic in that statement, please clarify. My view of fairness is say what you want as long as you let us too. So wouldn't that call for leaving it in? Seems like you're becoming the one who's the censor.

The Bible is story after story. Since when does a story "prove" anything?
    Since when has science never been wrong before?

As to your ideas of fairly applying the rules of censorship, since when did two wrongs make a right? How are you acting in a better way by wanting to reciprocate what you think is wrong
    What do you want? You could sit here all day splitting threads scouring everything just to build yourself another story and pose another question, each time making less sense. Two wrongs would be "be censored, because we are", I said "say what you want, as long as we can".
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

No, I am the censor

I'm confounded at the number of 'Christians' I'm having to add to my prayers this week from this thread. Such spite and bias in their tones. And how they love to clarify their levels of belief's when confronted with their 'rightousness' sounding like bigotry.
    I'm not one to care about who says what in the entertainment world, because it's just that---entertainment. Much like sunday morning 'touch the forehead/fall to the ground' televangelism entertains.
    The real question, Did Cathy Griffon ever have any pron from before she joined the aarp? ...you can pm me links. thanks!
    Last edited by Shoreguy; 09-12-2007 at 04:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    America, as a country, makes a HUGE mistake in trying to get everyone to conform to a certain standard. If our schools actually taught acceptance, diversity, and understanding for the differences in people, I think we'd be far better off.
    "Un-Mericun" ...........

He wants to infect YOU with his commie pinko' mindset & images of homo erotisism....... Somone fone the National Guard or Barack Obama, pending on which number you get to first in the Business Pages

(I'm gettin' quite good @ this talkin' bollox thing)

As a general rule, ANY belief system exposes itself as charlatanism the moment it becomes necessary for a practitioner to shove his beliefs in the face of another, or make an attempt to police another's beliefs. This goes for any religion, and every level of atheism and agnosticism.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    No, I am the censor
    W00t Censor in Chief & Your Majesty too ?

Delusions of grandure if ya ask me ........ (ok allready ya didn't)

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    As a general rule, ANY belief system exposes itself as charlatanism the moment it becomes necessary for a practitioner to shove his beliefs in the face of another, or make an attempt to police another's beliefs. This goes for any religion, and every level of atheism and agnosticism.
    Ghandi would have found a way to not go down that road. ....So, no links from you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]