Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Christians needs to lighten the hell up

As regards censorship - Time for a poll perhaps! electronic of course.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

They're cutting fours hours of recording down to two....So there's a lot of editing going on..

a) I bet Kathy G doesn't care
    b) The Christians DO need to lighten up

Now if you she had gotten arrested for saying the same words while standing on a Public Street - I'd have BIG TIME Problems with that.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    I'm still trying to figure out if the folks here are for or against the censorship of the speech.
    Is your argument religion or speech? This post was started due to censorship, but the question should not be what she was censored for but why.

It all lies in one's own perspective. Had she been censored for her religious beliefs... then no, the censors had acted badly. On the other hand, had she been censored for attacking a certain group with no provocation... then yes, the censors acted accordingly.

To be biased is horrid.
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4p / 3.1 AM3 Phenom II x2 550 Black Edt. Callisto / Corsair XMS2 2x2gb DDR2800 / 640gb Caviar Black 2ea./ HIS 4670 1gb DDR3 / Rosewill Case 5604 with 650 EarthWatts / XP Home 32bit

Ok if this makes any sense to you. It isn't right in some standards, that she's being "censored" but it is fair. America blew free speech for the Christians halfway out of the window, so of course I could care less if someone making an "off color comment" about Christianity, or God, etc. is censored for once. So yes, speech is (supposed to be) free, but "censor me and I'll censor you".

If you need further clarification I think rwest makes it perfectly clear.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

I'm still trying to figure out if the folks here are for or against the censorship of the speech. I think RockNRoll is like a politician. He'll dance around the issue all night without ever saying anything real.

I think this is much ado about nothing....some folks have got nothing better to do then complain about SOMETHING......shoot them all I say..

Tantone's freaking problem is the way his "mind" connects things. If one disapproves of something someone says, it's censorship. No one said the dumb broad couldn't say what she said! There are just a freaking lot of people who don't LIKE what she said. Just like when people don't like it when someone trashes queers. No one says THAT can't be said, right? Go ahead, keep trying to figure it out. You get extra time.

Oh, wait a minute....PC people DO say that can't be said. I guess PC people DO believe in censorship, at least when they're censoring certain groups. Other groups, it's OK for them to say anything.

I don't agree with RR, but HE's not the one doing the dancing around here.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

RockNRoll...
    I detect a bit of "an eye for an eye" in your post. You come across strong, but you're a pretty lousy Christian from what I've seen of your posts. You seriously need to go back and re-learn your religion as it pertains to your attitude.

rwest...
    I agree with you. But the problem is, what was said in the speech was not an unprovoked attack. In fact, it wasn't an attack at all. The Catholics complaining aren't doing so because she attacked them. They're wanting it censored because they were offended by her blasphemous comments.

now do you people see why I think religion should be abolished?

RockNRoll...
    I detect a bit of "an eye for an eye" in your post. You come across strong, but you're a pretty lousy Christian from what I've seen of your posts. You seriously need to go back and re-learn your religion as it pertains to your attitude.
    Ok, lets just try to get one thing straight. Christians are not doormats. We will not stand by and watch all the time. We aren't going to sit and take all the hits and just stand there and smile. Righteous anger my friend. The Lord says revenge is His, and he does get it. He got it in this situation, censoring the ANTI Christian remarks for once. I find it comical that someone with no faith demands I question my own. You're the one that still has alot to learn. Christians aren't punching bags, so don't be surprised if you punch one and they punch you back.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    Ok, lets just try to get one thing straight. Christians are not doormats. We will not stand by and watch all the time. We aren't going to sit and take all the hits and just stand there and smile. Righteous anger my friend. The Lord says revenge is His, and he does get it. He got it in this situation, censoring the ANTI Christian remarks for once. I find it comical that someone with no faith demands I question my own. You're the one that still has alot to learn. Christians aren't punching bags, so don't be surprised if you punch one and they punch you back.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    Ok, yes, you set me off by saying I need to relearn my religion, and I tend to doubt you didn't mean to. But let me say, yes I should've taken a step back to think first. What I said in that post doesn't fully or effectively state where I'm coming from there.

I'm simply saying it's a fight for equality. If you want to censor us, why shouldn't you be censored to. That kind of thing. If you're saying I'm outstepping my religious abilities by supporting fairness then I can't see how anything can be any more rediculous.

I will not question my stand with my religion. I will defend it to the death.
    Last edited by RockNRoll; 09-12-2007 at 01:25 PM.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Gun somone & quick ..........

Righteous anger my friend. The Lord says revenge is His, and he does get it.
    Wonder whatever happened to turning the other cheek?????????

In her speech, Griffin said that "a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."
    All the religious people I know would say: "Poor misguided woman" and be done with it. They’d also respect her right to say it.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

But Catholics aren't like most religious people. The Catholic church is a propaganda machine with it's own country, military, and God-like leader.

They don't want Griffin's words aired because it might cause someone to think that maybe, just maybe, Jesus really didn't help those other people who've thanked him to win their awards.

Human fossils found 38 years ago in Africa are 65,000 years older than previously thought, a new study says—pushing the dawn of "modern" humans back 35,000 years.
    New dating techniques indicate that the fossils are 195,000 years old. The two skulls and some bones were first uncovered on opposite sides of Ethiopia's Omo River in 1967 by a team led by Richard Leakey.

-----------------------------
    The first five books of the Old Testament (known as the Pentateuch or Torah) was written by Moses during the forty years that the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness (1450 - 1410 B.C.). The twelve historical books of the Old Testament continue to record the history of the people of Israel under the leadership of Joshua, through the period of the Judges and the reign of the kings of Israel. The books of Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther record the history of Israel following its period of captivity under Babylonian rule. The historical books span the history of Israel from 1050 - 465 B.C.
    ---------------------------------------
    It is generally agreed that the Book of Matthew was the first Gospel written and that it was written between A.D. 50 and 75. Of the four Gospel's, John's is considered to have been the last one written, around A.D. 85. The Book of Acts, a historical account of the establishment of the early Christian church, is believed to have been written by one of the Apostle Paul's associates, around A.D. 62 (near the end of Paul's imprisonment in Rome).

Hey TanTone....do the math for me, I want to here your opinion on the dates here.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off