Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Christians needs to lighten the hell up

The Christians needs to lighten the hell up

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ef=mpstoryview
    LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Before Kathy Griffin won a creative arts Emmy last weekend for her reality show, "My Life on the D-List," she joked that an award would move her to the C-list.

Kathy Griffin was pleased to win an Emmy, but her speech will likely be trimmed.

She was right: "C" as in censored...

"Kathy Griffin's offensive remarks will not be part of the E! telecast on Saturday night," the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences said in a statement Monday.

In her speech, Griffin said that "a lot of people come up here and thank Jesus for this award. I want you to know that no one had less to do with this award than Jesus."

She went on to hold up her Emmy, make an off-color remark about Christ and proclaim, "This award is my god now!"
    Listen you thin-skinned, idiotic Christians...get over yourselves. America, just like England before it, has grown tired of you. Get on a boat and go find some other landmass to colonize. Start your very own theocracy and leave the rest of us the hell alone once and for all.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Bolt of lightning hits Tany pants

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...ef=mpstoryview

Listen you thin-skinned, idiotic Christians...get over yourselves. America, just like England before it, has grown tired of you. Get on a boat and go find some other landmass to colonize. Start your very own theocracy and leave the rest of us the hell alone once and for all.
    I say props to the media for doing something right for a change and censoring the opposition.

England didn't get tired of us, we got tired of England. America can never get tired of us either. America was founded on Christian principles. It's the desensitized people who think they don't need God that are getting tired of us. Sure, I can see your point in all fairness, but just think of how tiring it is to us, trying every day to share the Word of God with the world that's already fallen away, and still falling further, and doesn't care to hear it because of their own pride.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    America can never get tired of us either. America was founded on Christian principles. It's the desensitized people who think they don't need God that are getting tired of us. Sure, I can see your point in all fairness, but just think of how tiring it is to us, trying every day to share the Word of God with the world that's already fallen away, and still falling further, and doesn't care to hear it because of their own pride.
    Ahhhhhh STFU allready ........ I ain't puttin up wiv that loda old cobblers from any Cant

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    What a moronic outburst. YOU leave. Go to one of those open-minded Muslim countries you admire so much.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Since when is blasphemy the problem of someone who isn't religious?

This is just like the cartoons of Mohammed. If I don't subscribe to your brand of faith, I cannot be bound by it's rules.

This is simply a matter of E! deciding to censor a yawn of a speech out of fear that these idiots will cause ad revenue to decrease (think Imus).

It's time we stopped catering to the people who get offended. Get thicker skin you idiots.

And RockNRoll.....I have to say that I think the word has been spread. Do you REALLY think that we haven't already heard about your faith? Quit sharing. If we wanted any, we'd have accepted already.

Don't you see it though, we aren't voicing it just to have everyone convert and be like us. I realize some people don't want to accept. The hard part is understanding why people don't want to believe in the Truth of eternal life and would rather just die to the unknown. Then it gets harder when you watch them go. Because the Bible states clearly that there are 2 places, one for believers and one for non-believers. The place of believers can be anyones, but people sign their own death warrant, and that's the hardest part to cope with, is why.

@ JM, sometimes I wish you'd just speak english.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

lf there was one God, we would ALL know it!
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Don't you see it though, we aren't voicing it just to have everyone convert and be like us. I realize some people don't want to accept. The hard part is understanding why people don't want to believe in the Truth of eternal life and would rather just die to the unknown. Then it gets harder when you watch them go. Because the Bible states clearly that there are 2 places, one for believers and one for non-believers. The place of believers can be anyones, but people sign their own death warrant, and that's the hardest part to cope with, is why.

@ JM, sometimes I wish you'd just speak english.
    As an obvious person of faith, I would expect you to see that there are MANY different faiths in the world, and not all of them agree with your path to eternal life.

The hard part for me is understanding why anyone would risk their eternal life on a story for which there is no scientific or testable basis. But that's a bit OT from my post.

Why should the Catholics get blasphemy censored? What's being said through action is that it's okay to specifically thank Jesus or God or whomever, but it's NOT okay to decidedly NOT thank those same people.

In the end, what's wrong with a few comments from a non-believer?

Are they saying that we don't have to believe what they believe, but we should be made to conform to the rules of those beliefs?

Posts like this are what set off a lot of people. I'm still a Christian, although I've quit going to church after my denomination stopped being an example to follow and started following trends instead. Even so, I never wore religion on my sleeve and never felt the urge to talk about it at every chance I get. I'm glad for you that you're so into it, but this is a computer forum, not a religion forum - can't anyone remember that? If you guys want to hash it out, go ahead and PM each other.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest
    lf there was one God, we would ALL know it!
    Kneel @ the feetz of the great JM

@Lgbpop it's good to see another Christian. Part of why I show my Christianity on my sleeve is because I don't mind standing out as "different". People should see that difference. I don't mind people seeing right off that I am a Christian, because it's something I'm proud of. Yes, this is a computer forum, but it's also the Offtopic section, and I'd say there are less desireable things posted here than talks about "religion".

@tantone: There isn't anything wrong with not thanking God if you choose not to. But lets not kid ourselves. It was hardly a friendly "unthanking of Jesus". It was a deliberate attack and remark that was meant to stir Christians.

No proof you say? What about all the findings? As one example, the Dead Sea scrolls have been found have they not? If you just gave it a chance you'd see the credibility. There's so much to learn, and I say this as a friend, not a dogmatic spreader of agenda. What I honestly REALLY don't understand is why the slightest announcement of Christianity sets people off so much, and just for the sake of hearing it firsthand, as a friend with differring beliefs, could you tell me what about it makes you so angry? I mean, it's not like Christians try to get people to believe just for another notch on the belt. At least that's not how proper Christians are. It just seems to me, that more people refuse Christianity just out of spite or pride. I would honestly just like to hear from people why they choose to take a different path, and why Christianity angers some. It's no secret why I've chosen my path. I believe in the Bible, and I believe in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and in Heaven. I believe we are, upon confessing that Jesus is Lord, granted eternal life in Heaven. So just as more of a discussion than an argument... I think it'd be rather interesting to hear from others.
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    80GB WD SATA HD

@tantone: There isn't anything wrong with not thanking God if you choose not to. But lets not kid ourselves. It was hardly a friendly "unthanking of Jesus". It was a deliberate attack and remark that was meant to stir Christians.
    So what? Isn't your faith strong enough to endure such a ridiculous and lame comment? I thought y'all were forgiving and understanding. How harmful is it that others hear it...harmful in some way other than your crusade to save others, of course? Is it so harmful that it needs to be censored?

NO. It's NOT harmful in the slightest. The speech should be left alone. Period.

What I honestly REALLY don't understand is why the slightest announcement of Christianity sets people off so much...
    It has nothing to do with Christian comments or statements. I don't have a problem with anyone professing their faith. If someone wants to than God, Jesus, and ever verse in the bible for their award, I don't care. I may think they're an idiot and I may not agree with their beliefs, but it doesn't mean we need to censor it.

That same sort of acceptance should be reciprocated by Christians...the ones who are supposed to exhibit that kind of acceptance based on their faith. Or are you one of those who chooses which parts of the bible to accept and which you can fudge a bit?

In the end, ask yourself the same thing I see on bumper stickers all over the place:

What Would Jesus Do?

Certainly not censor her speech. If you think he would, you need to re-read the bible my friend.
    Last edited by tantone; 09-11-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Male chicken

Don't you sleep? It's 4:35 a.m. there!