Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best LCD TV

Banned
    Hey Sharp is a good brand . And I got to know a LCD TV ,you may like it , the Sharp AQUOS LC-42D62U 42-inch Black Flat Panel LCD HDTV . 42 in Advanced Super Super View LCD Panel offers resolutions of up to 1920x1080 pixels. Provides 1200:1 native contrast ratio for beautifully detailed images, offers wide viewing angles of 176ยบ in horizontal and vertical directions to view the TV clearly from practically anywhere in the room .Sleek piano black cabinet with subtle, recessed bottom-mounted speakers.
    And you know that the price has dropped a lot , a recent deal for it is only $1449 instead of $1750 :
    http://www.**********.com/viewtopic.php?t=30937
    I think it is a good choice , if I am going to get a mew TV ,I will choose this one .

[QUOTE=seanieboy77]So I should base my decision on the remote! heh Anyways whats is everyone's favorite or what company makes the best in your opinion. I'm looking to buy one real soon (for Halo 3) and I want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck. And it sounds like the 1080p will give me less jagged edges which is really nice. I can't stand anything being pixelated! My price range is about 1600-1800. Any suggestions will be more than helpful.
    -BTY[/QUOTE

From AVS forum:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Grecco
    Anyone have pictures of Halo 3 on this set?

For whatever reason i see tons of jaggies running halo on it. Nothing on my other xbox games.

Halo 3 doesnt use Anti Alaising and therefore you will see a lot of jaggies. kinda sucks but the game is still a lot of fun. you can check some of the halo boards for some more info on the game graphics specs.

The reference was to a 1080p LCD HDTV

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    No matter which TV you buy (LCD, Plasma, or plain old analog) please make sure you invest the $25 in the calibration DVD "Digital Video Essentials" so you can get the most enjoyment out of the new set. The difference between a norally set up TV and one that is properly setup using the DVD is amazing.

http://www.videoessentials.com/products_main.php

I was thinking about buying a new plasma TV to replace my rear projection big screen, but now after setting it up properly, I can't justify the cost of a new set.

Sterling:

What do you think about starting a subforum dedicated to HDTV. Just like the other forum I quoted, I have gone elsewhere to find answers on the subject. Although not computers, modern TVs are very "techie" & I think many members here could benefit.

Not a bad idea, but there are other forums that cover it better than we can. Search Google for "HDTV forums" or discussion.

If you want to discuss hdtv as it relates to the PC experience here, we do have a Display forum.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I don't know if he bought a LCD set yet?

Get 1080P

one that operates at 120Hz - will render games better

one that has built in up-scaling to 720P is also a nice feature

Any company that fits those main requirements should suffice
    SAVING FACE OR LOSING FACE

Ultimate Member
    cdroman .. just to clarify what you meant to say about 120HZ

No set will operate on 120HZ .. to say that is to infer the power
    line Frequency which in all the US is 60HZ and 50HZ in most
    other areas.

What you meant to say was to get one that could handle a 120HZ
    Refresh Rate .. that is what most computer monitors are all about
    Handling the higher refresh rate for higher resolution signals.

http://tv.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelI...Id=157&page=10

an example of what I said.

yes it is the frame rate; and yes it is Hz.
    Last edited by cdroman; 10-10-2007 at 03:45 PM.

LCD TV

I would recommend going for Hitachi LCD TV rather than going for any other brand, as it provides the best quality I've seen so far in my opinion with a reasonable price followed by good specifications. I can still recomend Hitachi LCD TV as the best LCD TV I have seen not 100hz but for picture quality and the abilty to adjust so much if you want plus 3 HDMI inputs 1.3 it will take some beating. Been highly recommended in Home Cinema mags as well. I have had mine a month and I am still impressed every time I switch on the Digital TV or use Blue Ray discs. Here's selection to get you started http://www.checkcost.co.uk/lcd-tvs/c/4329/

I will be in the market soon for HD-TV also..I was hoping for more info from the members here..after reading a few forums here and there...seems to be a lot of conflicting information..as far as what is needed (720 or 1080)..and how reliable different makes/different kinds lcd/plasma are...

Thanks for updating a year-old post! ...Visio just to stay on topic
    Not a bad idea, but there are other forums that cover it better than we can. Search Google for "HDTV forums" or discussion.

If you want to discuss hdtv as it relates to the PC experience here, we do have a Display forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's just a bad idea to solicit opinions from any mob. There are tons of self-help sites for this sort of question. Ask 10 people if you want 10 opinions. Ask *one* if you want to learn.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Opinions are just that. Far too many people do not want to do even modicum reseach on anything. They just want someone else to tell them what is best. Subjective opinions are always going to vary; there is really no clear winner in anything. The nice thing these days, is that there are a lot of very good products to choose from. Personally, I don't really take much advice from anyone, and just get or use what I research to be good. I don't have to have the "best" of whatever I use. I just need something that suits ME. If I buy something like a DSLR; I don't even tell most people about it; I don't need to be told that x model outperforms my model in this and that, etc. etc. I don't mind making suggestions on things; but I'm not worried or concerned whether someone uses that advice or not. (I try not to give bad advice; but that's subjective also)
    Describing the people here or in any forum as a "mob" could be justified I guess. People come to these forums for different reasons. I don't know about asking *one*; if you ask the wrong *one*, you may learn the wrong things. You need to research that also.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    It's just a bad idea to solicit opinions from any mob. There are tons of self-help sites for this sort of question. Ask 10 people if you want 10 opinions. Ask *one* if you want to learn.
    Isn't that the sole purpose of this & just about every other forum?

There's nothing common about sense, apparently.

Fixing something that's broken will get maybe 3 different solutions. One will usually work. Asking an opinion about a general technology will get you drowned in responses - many conflicting.

Look - you can get the "FAQs" about TV technology pretty much anywhere - already edited, published and researched. You should use that resource to build a framework and then ask specific questions about anything that's not clear only after "doing your homework". Do you have any idea how many people just dash to the forums with questions because they are too lazy or timid to look for themselves? Why ask what has already been answered hundreds or thousands of times? Is Google so hard to use?

I don't mind answering specific questions about specific problems, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to write a master's thesis for every Tom, 'Rich" and Harry that asks - especially when it's already right at their fingertips.

The words "use" and "abuse" look the same to some people. They are not the same though.
    Last edited by BipolarBill; 08-31-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    MS MCP, MCSE