Thread: X-Fi problem

X-Fi problem

Well I haven't sat down on my computer in awhile, so I decided to tonight to watch some Bleach, so I fired up Power DVD to enjoy it in the cloroius Neo:6 sound, only to find that my center channel and my rear channels are very quiet, almost silent. So I monkeyed with my speakers and everything works fine it my x-fi outputting low sound to those channels, I've checked all the settings I could think of an no luck. any ideas?
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

Dunno if this helps but 5.1 works find in game mode, but it would be nice to watch videos in entertainment mode. (fyi: i have the x-fi elite pro)
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

Is Bleach a DVD movie? Does it have a setup section to set the sound system?
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

nah it's in AVI format, so stereo sound.

i should mention to, even doing speaker tests in the creative console the fornt center and rears have a very low volume.
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

There will be sound from these speakers only if the source material contains sound for those channels. All of this depends on the audio mode you use. If you choose Dolby Digital or Pro Logic, the above applies. If you choose some sort of matrix simulation mode, then you wil get sound from those speakers. It will not be discreet directional audio, but it will be something.
    MS MCP, MCSE

creatice has cmss which upmixs 2-channel sound, and also I use power dvd to spit the sound out in neo:6 which uses the center channel. This is actually a problem cause like I said doing speaker tests in the creative console I still noticed the rears and front center are very quiet, like you can almost not hear them, this is njot how it used to sound, i'm thinkin this expensive card maybe screwed or sumthin.
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

The whole purpose of the speaker test is to adjust the volume of the speakers. Do your 5.1 speakers have a manual volume adjustment for the centers and surrounds? If so, have you tried turning them up?
    MS MCP, MCSE

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarBill
    The whole purpose of the speaker test is to adjust the volume of the speakers. Do your 5.1 speakers have a manual volume adjustment for the centers and surrounds? If so, have you tried turning them up?
    yes. and also it does not even sound the way it used to, in game mode all the channels work sometimes. I find if I also get a buzzing noise when I switch to another mode and I'll have to switch back and forth between modes to make the noise go away.
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

Is this Vista or XP? Have you tried updated drivers?
    MS MCP, MCSE

xp and drivers are up to date
    Lenovo y700-15acz
    MSI GT80S 6QF

Uninstall them and then reinstall. That should be your first step.
    MS MCP, MCSE

1. make sure the speakers has been set up properly in the Creative control
    2. make sure the video playing software ALSO has the speaker / channels setup properly
    3. play movie and enjoy.

I have no problem with the X-FI it's so sweet!
    i never imagined something can surpass the Z2 series
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5