Thread: Laptop for my brother

Laptop for my brother

My brother has asked me to pick him a laptop but I'm not aware of which brands are good and which to avoid so I was hoping for a bit of help

His requirements are simple:
    • Basic Internet Usage
    • Various Football Manager Games (LMA manager)
    • Cheap

Any suggestions?
    "I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness"

Ultimate Member
    Dell is very good .. so are Toshiba laptops ... HP is not too bad but is not one of my top picks.
    Whatever you decide to get, be sure you order all the cd's for the OS & whatever programs
    you have them install. Keep a record on paper of ALL your Product ID & License Codes
    in case you need them later on. Some companies, no longer send the cd's unless you
    explicitly request them and the hard drive may have a recovery partition on it from which
    you can burn your own. But I don't agree with or like that method. You should also run
    a Ghost or Acronis TruImage of the system once everything is installed and working properly
    before it gets all screwed up. Install a good Antivirus and Antispyware program and be sure
    they are kept up to date.

Toshiba is a top brand for repair ATM, IMO. Easy to fix, all the parts are separate so replacement is easy.

Acer is a good one too
    to many pc's to list

For a consumer model he would do fine with a Acer or Gateway . Look for the deals at Bestbuy , etc . If he's going to be rough with it , then look the Thinkpads , HP's or Dell's business lines over .