Thread: Use LCD HDTV as a computer monitor..

Use LCD HDTV as a computer monitor..

I am in the market for a new computer monitor. I am wondering if I can use LCD HDTV as a computer monitor for my everyday needs such as surfing the 'net etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Thanks
    Get up just to get down...be on even keel

yes it works, and many do

even using a projector works.

the only draw back with some of those are the pixel rates

so make sure to get good quality HDTV LCD and/or projectors if are into that as well.

the higher their pixel rate, the more CLEAR the TEXT will read, and easier for your eyes to read.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Thansk for the reply. MUch appreciated
    Get up just to get down...be on even keel

i know i'm a few days late but i use an LCD projector as a monitor and it's fantastic. I'll never turn back. I use a panasonic ae-900u which is very high quality but about a generation behind the bleeding edge (think computer parts) for budget's sake.

for me the most painless way to do it was to buy an hdmi to DVI cord and make sure your GFX card has DVI (if it doesnt, you're FAR overdue for upgrade).

the only real downside is it's 720P (1280x720) as 1080p projectors are prohibitively expensive (on the order of $3000-5000). with new cards coming out i know alot of people are starting to run sky high resolutions (indeed i have a q6600 with an 8800gts), but ask yourself: is it worth it to have 1900x1000 res or higher but lose over 70 inches of screen space?

I'd rather take the resolution hit and bump up the AA and other candy to unheard of levels (some cards are doing 16x AA now) than play on a 22inch monitor again.

when your enemies are literally larger than life size, the results are breathtaking.
    i so pretty yes i am... pretty pretty dancing