Thread: Remarkable Software

Remarkable Software

I just had to share this with you all. I have been on Systpt forum a long time and have plenty of people helping me so now I hope I can help you.
    Clearly by accident I ran across a utility called "Multistage Recovery". I kid you not, this software can and DOES retrieve files off a bad HD, even files in "My Documents"!! I was told this could not be done. Well, I did it with this software.
    All I had to do was set up the failed HD as a slave, bring up MSR and if you see an F drive, highlight it and the program goes to work finding every file on that drive. Hopefully you do not have a virus on that old HD because in order to access the files you have to transfer them to a file in your C Drive.
    Do you think this might save some of you a little cash? From what I hear, it takes High Dollars to have files retrieved from a failed HD. Here is one of the sites you can get it from, but if you just use your search engine it will find the site for you to buy and download. I think $40.00 is worth it don't you? As apposed to possibly $400. or more?

http://enplase.com/pages/MultiStage+...scription.html

wow...went from a total online shopping ignoramous
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140856
    to shleppin your wares...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nawwwww, not shleppin my wares, what ever that means. I remember writing that for those who only access that particular forum. I had just wanted everyone to know and have the opportunity to learn about it. As a rule, not everyone uses just the Tech portion of the forum. Not everyone has had the opportunity to learn about this software and what it can do and the money it can save even an ignoramus like me. I guess you could call me a medi-newbee? So many people are getting taken by paying large amounts of money to have HD data retrieved from their failed drive. This software can save them the money and headaches. More people would be inclined to read this forum first before going on to their own problem. Like I am going to do right now. LOL

i agree...go Linux !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes Jo, but a backup solution and policy would be much more certain.

Wow G, passing up an opportunity to "shlep" your own wares? You're slipping in your old age
    Samsung NC10 | IBM Thinkpad 240
    We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Incredible....Fishy out of 6+ month hiatus, for the kill!
    ...couldn't resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

meant to add: G generally didn't deserve that. Helps folks out a lot. Just likes tossin out a plug now and again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Came across this thread in a search for info regarding recovering files from a bad SD card. Anyone have any luck with this or any other software? The brother-in-law just did a once in a lifetime trip, took a bunch of pics on an older HP camera, only to get home and find the files are corrupt. Two 700+ mb files on a 512 mb card. Any info appreciated.

Try GetDataBack

GetDataBack for FAT V3.03
    http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

Well, the Multistage Recovery worked excellent. Even my BIL's IT guy at work couldn't do anything with it. One happy camper, and a handy tool to say the least. Tried it on a couple of my thumb drives, and found stuff on one from a system I had worked on months back, and this drive had been written over and formatted a couple of times. Thanks, G, for the other link.

Good to hear