Thread: Kitty doing what kitties do

Kitty doing what kitties do

OK, I'm sitting on the throne this morning and suddenly our tuxedo kitty comes scooting down the hall and into the bedroom, something hanging outta her mouth. I quickly finish the business at hand and go after her to see what's so important. Now, you have to remember I live on the 4 floor and the kitties go out on my deck during the day for some fresh air. I chase her back to the kitchen and she stops. growling at me. Grab her by the back of the neck like her momma would and make her let go of her prize. She's caught a young downy woodpecker. It's still breathing and appears uninjured other than some missing feathers and being covered in drool. I put it out on the deck and close the screen to see if it'll recover and take off. Five minutes later it's gone, whew. She's still looking for her catch and looks at me accusingly. Don't know how she did it but she managed to grab that poor thing. Bet it won't be back here for a long time. She is a great hunter though. Used to bring us all kinds of things when we lived in another house in the woods. Just loved those live tree frogs in the living room.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Good kitty

You cat looks identical to mine....

Mine brought two birds in yestered. She killed one.....She chased the other one around the house all freakin day...I got involved and spent an hour till I finally got it by tossing a bath towel over it.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    You cat looks identical to mine....

She chased the other one around the house all freakin day...I got involved and spent an hour till I finally got it by tossing a bath towel over it.
    Yes, but did you let it loose or serve it up to her for dinner??
    I bet you'll be finding bird poop for the next 6 months!

By the time I caught it, the cat was bored and went back outside...I let the bird go right in fron of the cat......Stupid kitty still spent some time looking for it in the house...

And you aren't wrong about the poop....
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Well, here's an update, a while after I posted this another of those woodpeckers flew into the house and 3 of the cats were going nuts chasing it around. I finally managed to herd it back out the patio doors and as it went out the smallest ( and most vicious one ) the tortoise shell, caught it in one swoop. I grabbed her and she let it go, unharmed. Then, a while later a stupid tree rat ( squirrel for most of yas ) got up on the rail of the deck. It didn't see the 3 cats I guess. It started to come down onto the deck and was met with a face full of claws from, who else, the little torty kitty. She whacked that thing several times before it managed to jump ( 4 floors ) off the deck and get away. Been an eventful day here for kitties.

Steevo, I like my little tuxedo, she's an attention whore though.

This is the Tortoise shell kitty on patrol for any evil squirrels or birds.

little tuxedo - that's cute....I've got mine from my mother...Kitty was using the fat little doggie for target practice so kitty lost the coin toss and had to go...

I've seen several B&W tuxedo cats recently, but yours really looks just like mine in the face...

2 of my cats, the torty and the orange male use the dog for target practice sometimes too. They just can't ignore the poor old dog and let him sleep. Sneak up and attack him. Sometimes they get him when he's just trying to go and eat his dinner. Rotten little beasties. The other 2 usually ignore the dog.

Torties Rock ......... B&W's are just pantz

Joo' tellem JM

My torty has alopecia. Don't know if she'll ever get all her hair back. Looks like a mutant poodle from some angles.

Baldylocks & the three hairs

Summit like that. I'll see if I can get a pic that shows how weird she looks. Her hind quarters, front legs (except her feet) and her tummy is where the hair is gone missing. Weirdo