Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Christians Delusional?

Is that the pron with the chick with no legs? She's HOT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No pr0n. Videos to make ya think logically.

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    think logically.
    Um...posting here is thinking logically?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was wondering how long it would that for that thread to swim over here.

I tore my sister-in-laws nerves up with it.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Bring on the Pr0n allready

Too bad none of the actual Christians on here replied. I'm really interested in what they have to say. I mean, isn't the whole idea of Christianity to "spread the word?" Why not take this opportunity to negate the ideas in those videos and make us non-Christians understand what it's all about?

I realize that this isn't exactly the forum to proselytize, but you can't post this kind of thing on a Christian forum...they'll ban you for questioning their beliefs.

If anyone here knows of a religious forum where they are willing to discuss with the non-believers--seriously discuss, not just post garbage--I'm up for it.

That's because all religions are based on a belief. Be it true or not true. It's what helps each person get thru life's set backs. I'm a christian; and while alot of what was stated maybe true, my beliefs allow me to ignore the facts.

That's how it is with each religion. It is the belief that whomever one honors as your maker has allowed this to happen. There is no argument other than the stories passed down. These stories have been passed down by real people, who lived it. It has been proven there was a man named Jesus, although his name has been translated. It has been proven there was a man named Muhamed. There are many facts found by science and archeaology that substantiate many similarities between the stories and fact. It is a belief.

Ask yourself. 'What do I believe in?' If I told you 'drink this and it will make you feel better and give you great constitution' would you drink it?
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4p / 3.1 AM3 Phenom II x2 550 Black Edt. Callisto / Corsair XMS2 2x2gb DDR2800 / 640gb Caviar Black 2ea./ HIS 4670 1gb DDR3 / Rosewill Case 5604 with 650 EarthWatts / XP Home 32bit

Why is Christianity singled out, of all religions, for the ceaseless ridicule thrown its way? Two recent fatwas issued by Muslim clerics recently:

•Drinking the urine of Allah would be considered a blessing
    •A female may work with males if she breast-feeds them several times to create
    a feeling of family bonding

I haven't seen any uproar about that yet.

Religion is a set of beliefs held by a group of people. Different religions all seem to contain the same tenets, but differ in how to live by them and also in how they explain the way the events happened. If you differentiate between the events espoused by a religion and the explanation for the cause of the events, things actually begin to make sense. In other words, did an event not happen because we can't explain how it happened? Atheists seem to think so, but that doesn't explain how different religions agree that certain milestone events did happen.

Years ago I watched Star Trek as a kid and at about the same time there were articles in the news about a group of primitive people in the Pacific known as the cargo cult; they worshipped the airplanes that brought them supplies as metal bird gods. Given the technological level of people in the Holy Land two and three thousand years ago, it's probable that their explanations for events that happened were their attempt to make sense of unexplainable events. An angel appearing to Mary out of nowhere? Maybe it was someone from a more advanced civilization who transported from an orbiting spacecraft into her presence. It wouldn't have to be a powerful alien; possibly just a weenie that was given orders to "go tell that stupid Earthling that she's been artificially inseminated before she freaks out." The burning bush? Easy, if you aim a laser at it. What man or woman back then could comprehend a laser? Easier to say it was a sign from God.

As far as healing amputees, what a ridiculous complaint. Even if there was truly a Divine presence, what would He care about a human losing a limb? His care is for the condition and salvation of the spirit, not the earthly body it's trapped in while here on Earth.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to work. I hear we have a female coworker starting today.....
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Magical thinking is everywhere today, and it is growing.
    It threatens the foundations of reason, individualism, science and objectivity that have delivered this success so well and for so long.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest
    Magical thinking is everywhere today, and it is growing.
    It threatens the foundations of reason, individualism, science and objectivity that have delivered this success so well and for so long.
    word.

Quote Originally Posted by Lgbpop
    Why is Christianity singled out, of all religions, for the ceaseless ridicule thrown its way?
    Because it is, has been, and always will be the most prominent. Be it catholic, protestant, or whatever denomination bestowed with a slight difference. Christianity has always been a target.

If one can eliminate it's strongest enemy... the rest will fall easier.
    Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4p / 3.1 AM3 Phenom II x2 550 Black Edt. Callisto / Corsair XMS2 2x2gb DDR2800 / 640gb Caviar Black 2ea./ HIS 4670 1gb DDR3 / Rosewill Case 5604 with 650 EarthWatts / XP Home 32bit

Quote Originally Posted by rwest
    Because it is, has been, and always will be the most prominent. Be it catholic, protestant, or whatever denomination bestowed with a slight difference. Christianity has always been a target.

If one can eliminate it's strongest enemy... the rest will fall easier.
    word.

Please note that 9 out of 10 times threads like this one end up getting closed.

So don't be shocked when that happens
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones
    Please note that 9 out of 10 times threads like this one end up getting closed.

So don't be shocked when that happens
    closing this thread kinda proves our point now doesn't it?