Thread: Resident Evil 4 (PC) no mouse support

Resident Evil 4 (PC) no mouse support

Game of the year 2005 - now availiable for PC... Save your money! unless you like to play PC games with keyboard only or a game pad.
    This one does not seem to allow the use of a mouse (shades of DOS gaming!). Online information says keyboard and mouse but there is no obvious way to integrate the mouse into the game.

A true rip off in my opinion.

Enjoy!
    Got me one o' them 'puter thangs!

Ultimate Member
    Its well documented that the original release isnt great. Ubisoft have released a patch which tidies up the textures and graphics significantly, while there is a third partyy community mod adding proper aiming/mouse support

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

The US version (just released ) seems to include the patch.
    The GC textures really hurt the graphics but I can live with a little ugly. I did expect more form Ubi though. REALLY! a shooter with no mouse support; I am still amazed.
    There is a mouse aim mod but it seems to be pretty buggy and requires removal of the securerom protection (we will not discuss that as it is a no no).
    I need to scrounge through the junk box and see if I can find a game pad. (I have heard rumors that UBI is going to release a mouse support patch (I ain't gonna hold my breath)).

Enjoy!
    Got me one o' them 'puter thangs!

Ultimate Member
    It would seem that the best solution for those that want to play this game is to get a console.

I would buy this for the PC and use a game pad. I use a game pad for everything that I can now anyway. All the resident evil series I have played on the consoles were controlled in the same way.
    -- Mathias

Ultimate Member
    The 360 controller for £17.99 is a solid investment. I use it for the Prince of Persia's, Pro Evo 6, Pshyconauts, Sensi Soccer 06 and many more

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]