Thread: Amd turion 64 x2 vs intel's core 2 duo

Amd turion 64 x2 vs intel's core 2 duo

Let me start of by assuming that the core 2 duo beats out the turion 64 x2 in almost all aspects.
    Since i have never got a BAD review about an amd processor i just think its fair for me to put this question across.
    Ho much would the other resources affect the performance of the notebook?
    I have just surveyed the market and considering i have a low budget i narrowed down on two compaq systems.
    The presario V6218TU (specs : core 2 duo T200 (1.6 Ghz), intel 945 chipset, 512 mb DDR2 ram(667mhz) , 120 gig sata drive and a intel graphics media accelerator) and there is the presario V6212AU (sepcs : turion 64 x2 TL52 (1.6 ghz), 1 Gig DDR2 ram (667 mhz, 160 gig drive and a geforce go 6150) .
    Im not quite sure what the overall performance difference would be like.
    Will be using it mostly for heavy image editing and some video editing.
    Any views on this??

Ultimate Member
    512 MB of RAM is noticeably short for Vista, the Turion isn't /that/ bad a processor (particularly when it comes to power consumption in mostly-idle scenarios), and the NVidia chipset's integrated graphics are /much/ better than the Intel 945's.

Personally, I'd go with the AMD machine for the above reasons.

head with the AMD one there, with a gig of ram and bigger hdd and bit better gfx card, it makes the overall system better

If Vista is the OS, there's only one choice, the AMD system. For graphics-intensive usage, the graphics and chipset are way stronger and Vista on 512 will be like XP on 128. You could do it, but why would you WANT to?
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!