Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Memory Brand?

Hybrid View

Which Memory Brand?

Which memory brand do you prefer and why? i was going through all the different types of memory and noticed that some of the brands ive never hurd of have some pretty good ram by the looks of it like Patriot, Mushkin, PQI, and WinTec and a couple of others i haven't heard of but by reviews and specs. it seems like they would be pretty good Memory.

So Which ones do you think are the best? DDR2 800(PC2 6400) by timming and/or overclocking.

like i saw i think it was called APIDA (2x1GB) DDR2 800 for only $100 and it seems pretty good. so what do you think?

I think you may have accidently put this in the wrong post.
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

I like Corsair personally. Paying a little extra for good reliable memory is the way to go.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

yeah i like the corsair myself too..ive heard that OCZ and KingstonHyperX are pretty good memory too..but ive never used them..

Corsair is overpriced. OCZ is solid, but i'm not a fan of Kingston. Geil, Gskill, and Mushkin are good.

so you think OCZ is a better choice for money and performance wise? i might have to buy me a pair sometime and check them out maybe i will end up switching to OCZ and save a few bucks then sticking with corsair :-)

Each manufacturer has different model lines, so you need to shop around and look for reviews.

Lifetime Friend of Staff
    You can add Micron, to that list.
    Their website is http://www.crucial.com/

Now what do you want to do with you computer has a lot to do with the choice of ram you buy and how much.

oh im just wanted some input on what other people thing about other brands. i am currently using Corsair XMS2..i just want to hear some opinions on like smaller branded names and things of that sort..

I usually use Corsair or Crucial.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

OCZ BH-5's

__________________________________________________ _______________

DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D, Opty 165 @ 2525MHz, 2X512 OCZ PC3500 Gold GX UTT BH-5, XFX 7900 GT Extreme, WD 250 Sata, Ultra X-Finity 500, Thermaltake Xaser V5000D case,

I use Corsair or Crucial too. But I'd be happy with OCZ too, if the price was right. What I would be very wary of is using unbranded RAM, or some brand that I'd never heard of - there is an awful lot of dodgy RAM going around

Right at the moment, I have 1 GB of Corsair Platinum i bought back in 2001. Low timings ( best they had and still they use close to those on best today for DDR memory ), and exceptional performance and reputation speaks for itself.

I have hard gamed with these for over six years plus, and cahnged board and CPU as well as original video card, and they still have no errors,and perform admirably.

Memory makers are putting out products that are getting better and better, and the ram makers are more closely knit in terms of value and performance.

What you need to ask most is just what mobo your using, as to what each likes best for performance and compatibility.

Patriot, OCZ, and Corsair as well as some Crutial offerings ,seem to have the best benchmarks and reviews. I'd say its personal choice.

It would also server oneself well to look up the specs,reviewws, and industry analysis, of what chips and processes are used as to best of better, and just what each offers. Logitivity and muitple platforms would seem a very good testament.

Corair may be spendy, buut you gt just what you pay for most of the time.

My next upgrade i plan on using GSkill, which by all accounts is making some good headway in the desktop memory area. Performance and lower cost is my personal reasoning..,although maybe not the best criteria. Reviews are very top notch, as i looked them up.

Rather than ask such an open end question, i would go ahead and look up some tech. details of each and Google about. You would be surprised at waht you learn. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I was using Patriot 2-3-2-5 low-latency DDR on my previous system (Abit KV7/AthlonXP 3000) and it was fast and reliable. Never a hiccup in 16 months. They're not quite as established as OCZ or Corsair or the others but I'd buy it again. I bought GSkill for this machine because the price and reviews were very good but Patriot was definitely considered.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

I have those same timings..now with the exception the last is a 6.

For me , my thing is getting more memory on an upgraded platfrom and using DDR2. The norm these days is DDR6400 or PC800 speed. For the older socket sets, anything with our type of timings is very good.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS