Thread: I finally broke down and bought Oblivion.

I finally broke down and bought Oblivion.

Well, I did it. I gave in. I have wanted this game for so long, but was waiting for the price to come down a little bit. Now after one content addition and one expansion, there still has not been a price drop. I have resolved to the fact that this game must be soooo good that the price may never drop. so I forked out my $60 and bought the game.

All I can say is WOWWEEE!!!!

This is an amazing looking game. So far I have not gotten too far (not even outside yet), but I have all the graphic settings cranked and my machine is doing well with no noticeable lag. The graphics are amazing and I am looking forward to seeing more.

But I do have some disappointment. I'm sure I'm not the only one when I as the question, "What were they thinking with the interface (menus, inventory, skills, etc)?" The interface is huge! And annoying! This must have been a port from a console.

Anyways, what are the solutions to this problem? What mods have you been using to make the interface better? To add some hotkeys for the inventory, quests, map, etc? To add even better graphics than are already there?

List your mods that you have installed for Oblivion. Also list any tweaks you've make to the game.
    Two Crazy Ducks Hosting - Windows shared web hosting

Ultimate Member
    Have a look at that:

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6148788/index.html

Depending on your specs you coudl also look at some of the heavier graphical enhancments such as Quarls texture packs and Capt'N Kill's texture pack

Also the two official expansions, Knights of the Nine and particularly The Shivering Isles are very good

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

Thanks, I'll go through that and make it look a little better. I have already installed Qarl's texture pack 3. Looks amazing. Will the texture packs that were suggested in the Gamespot article that Jakk submitted override the Qarl's textures?
    Two Crazy Ducks Hosting - Windows shared web hosting

Ultimate Member
    Some of them might do, if i were you i woudl apply the textures from the Gamespot "Make It Pretty" Article, then re-apply Quarl over the top again just to make sure.

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

You might like this site>>>> http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36222

"Optimising Oblivion v1.0
    Oblivion is beautiful. Like the soft curves of a sleek new case, or the gentle whisper of a powerful video card, it’s the type of game that makes you want to spend quality time with it and whisper to it sweet nothings.

Only, at this stage its performance is arguably related to the canine species.

No problem! We’ve can’t help but fiddle and play to get a smoother and enhanced gaming experience."

EDIT: URL Fix - Jakk
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Had some spare time ... and noticed this post.. Thks to all about the links.. I am so new to this whole Oblivion universe.. but anything that makes a already good lookinig game even better is awesome...Thks! ( put both of those links in favorites LOL )

Like i stated perviously, I have the first in the series somewhere, and want to play the previous story versions as well, to get aquainted a bit more.

Boy.., from the looks of it, one would think this is the creme de crem of all games of this kind to ever come out.. soooo much stuff and sites are full of lots of goodies for sure.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS