Thread: HL2 Episode 2... coming Sept. 07 finally..

HL2 Episode 2... coming Sept. 07 finally..

I guess i got the answer i was waiting to hear. Shipping to store in Sept. this year... I all I can say is its about time. ( impatient I was getting )

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ha...eviews;title;1
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    ****, that's a long time! I really enjoyed Episode 1.

It's about **** time! Bring it on!
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

yeah.. thats just Valve for ya.. Like we all have relayed before, most of the reasons ae that they get things right before releasing something, and also do any other tweaking before its release.

Got to admit... thier games usually are not full of needed patches and holes to fill from the get go, unlike some others we play.

With so many good games coming out this year, ( big ones ), its no big deal.

I also heard that Bioshock and Crysis ar coming out around the same time or a bit later.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    They do have their fair share of patches and updates, but it's transparent to us for the most part since it's all automatically updated via Steam.

their games have had more patches than any other game! We're talking about *hundreds* of updates so far.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_cocks
    their games have had more patches than any other game! We're talking about *hundreds* of updates so far.
    They still update Counter Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source on a regular basis. I'm not going to begin to count how many times I've had to wait to play those games because Steam is downloading another stupid patch. Part of the agony is wondering weather it'll actually fix a known issue or just start something else.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

I admit they are crazy with thier updates.. but one must remember.. if your like me, its annoying ....yeah.., but last night i was replaying Episode 1 and noticed alot of improvements, and changes esp. in graphics. They always spellout the fixes and info in the update log. The thing i don't like is lately i have been frozen ,not jkknowing they are updating right in the middle of connecting to a server. Thats not good.

One thing that bothered me and i felt i was the only one on this , is my favorites in Steam never worked for almost a year, and they never ever sent back any acknowledgement on my emails or inquiries. That does make me upset,esp. when we spendalot of our time playing thier games.. The problem suddenly was fixed ( out of the blue ) and now no problems.

CSS for instance is oneof the most populated online games, having so many servers, that itsjustifiedto do periodical updates to appease the masses.

I'd much rather have a game maker update and patch, rather then leave as is,and not fix ormake improvements. I have to look at myself, as typical of not much patience...,which isn't thier fault.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Got to admit... thier games usually are not full of needed patches and holes to fill from the get go, unlike some others we play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    I admit they are crazy with thier updates...
    Sorry... Had to do it.

Saw that when I wrote it.... Just checking to see if ya all are awake. LOL

I guess thats why i have A.D.D. syndrom.. Elvis is back! I saw him on American Idol tonight... ( amazing what they can do with computer and special effects )