Thread: ECS P4M800PRO-M boot problem

Hybrid View

ECS P4M800PRO-M boot problem

When i first started up the computer, something like "badsum check press f1". So I did and it lead me to the bios. I made some changes like the date, aperture setting to 128mb, smartfan, and enable overclock (but didn't change the speed of anything). Well, I then saved the setting and the computer rebooted but this time nothing came up on the monitor. The computer is running but nothing shows up on the screen. I tried clearing CMOS by removing the power supply, removing the battery, and moving the clear CMOS jumper but nothing seems to work. When I boot up, there are no beeps but all the fans are up and running. Any suggestions?

*update*

Ok now, I can boot up my computer but this time it reads "floppy controller failure" "press F1". So after pressing F1 it goes to that mode where it tells you to choose which way you want to boot windows. I tried choosing all 4 ways but everytime, it reboots the computer and repeats the same thing from the beginning.

You probably do not have anything selected under Floppy drive A: in the Main Menu of the Bios . Select 3.5" , 1.44 mb . Remember to save your settings before exiting .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketmech
    You probably do not have anything selected under Floppy drive A: in the Main Menu of the Bios . Select 3.5" , 1.44 mb . Remember to save your settings before exiting .
    The floppy drive was selected in the bios. When its disabled I do not get "floppy controller failure" but instead it goes in that cycle of where the computer continously reboots itself after asking which way I want to boot windows: safe mode, w/ network, etc.

Is it possible that I have a faulty motherboard? I bought it used on ebay.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Either a bad mobo or a bad hard drive.