Thread: Flash Player doesn't work

Flash Player doesn't work

I can't see videos on sites like youtube even! But the strange thing is that it used to work and that it still doesn work on firefox. It is just IE7 that it doesn't work on.

I click the install flash player link and it says it's installed....but it still doesn't work!

I have vista home premium installed. Any ideas guys?

I've noticed this problem for awhile now. I haven't found a permanent solution yet but there is a temporary fix.

Download the standalone Flash installer from the link below.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

Install it and it will work again. This will work for a week or two so keep the installer for when you need it again.

If I find a permanent solution I'll post again. If anyone knows of a permanent solution I'd very much appreciate knowing of it.

This is one of those problems that seem to be coming back. For me, it started about 6 months ago, disappeared for a few months then seemed to come back when they released the latest version of the flash player. The solutions on the Adobe site either don't work or are just temporary fixes. Uninstall and reinstall works, but lately, the problems comes back in a few days. Firefox and Opera are unaffected but both IE6 and IE 7 have this bug. It must be a combination of IE and flash updates.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDriver
    Porsh, if you haven't solved the flash issue yet, go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and double click on FlashUtil9b.

Flash will then work.

I am using Vista ultimate. No real issues other than learning where things are hidden.
    Thanks BD