Thread: changing an mp3 disk to a disk for cd player

changing an mp3 disk to a disk for cd player

I need to change an mp3 cd with 132 songs on it to a disk that will play on a cd player , i have roxio 9 and I can't seem to do it. I know I will have to use about 6 disk but it won't work
    Last edited by longway; 03-19-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Hi Longway,
    First off I suggest copying all of the files from your MP3 disk to a folder on your harddrive. After you have done that you can insert a new "blank" CD into your burner, fire up Roxio and select to burn an Audio CD (you'll probably only get 8-12 tracks per CD out of your .mp3 collection.)
    It's really quite simple to make a finalized audio CD using the Roxio GUI, if all else fails you can use the "help" function from within Roxio to step you through the process.
    Cheers,
    SJG

I read the roxio help but couldn't get it to work , I just had a hard time with roxio also someone eles on another forum said windows media player would also do it and that didn't work for me either so i wound up using nero express and it worked with it , i use to like roxio when they first came out because i was able to make my own collection of songs which i wasn't able to do with nero back then but now roxio is a pain in *** with all my recordings as of now and i'm talking about roxio number 9 , well thanks i really wasn't sure in i could convert an mp3 to a cd disk thats why I had to ask ? Thanks

The reason why you can play audio files from optical media is because it is classed as data when using it on a computer. So when you click on a mp3 file the associated program on your computer will play it without any problem.

The reason why you cannot play the same optical media on a CD player is that the player does not understand the format. You may as well have tried to play a software program CD-ROM.

The problem with creating an audio CD is that it is based on the number of playing minutes and not the size (unless the optical media reach it capacity limit of course).

So you could have 74mins of 128 Kbit mp3's or 74mins (650MiB (682MB; the true size is closer to 2.4GB of actual data written) of data at a sampling rate of 44.1KHz (or 44,100 times per second (Hz) allowing for 74 minutes of high-fidelity audio data) of 320 Kbit rate mp3. It would still play in your CD player.

Nero (all-round tip-top program) is what I would recommend but for the best ripper use Exact Audio Copy (EAC):

http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

For simplicity you can then use Nero although a perfect copy will not be achieved as the optical devices offset will not be considered.