Thread: The Sims 2 installation Problem

Hybrid View

The Sims 2 installation Problem

I was trying to install the Sims 2 (4 CD Version) for the other half the other day but I kept getting an error message "Missing AutoRunGUI.dll" from the system32 folder.

I'm running Windows Vista Business edition. I've looked in the system32 folder of my Vista and some one else's XP machine and the DLL is not in either (hidden files are set to show btw)

So now I'm a bit confused about it. I've had no luck after searching about it and it doesn't work under any compatibility(setup.exe) mode.

Any ideas?

- Tony
    "I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness"

Never mind. Got it Sorted

"I once prayed to god for a bike, but quickly found out he didnt work that way...so I stole a bike and prayed for his forgiveness"

EEK Im having the same problem can you help pls =(

Quote Originally Posted by Tony2005
    I was trying to install the Sims 2 (4 CD Version) for the other half the other day but I kept getting an error message "Missing AutoRunGUI.dll" from the system32 folder.

I'm running Windows Vista Business edition. I've looked in the system32 folder of my Vista and some one else's XP machine and the DLL is not in either (hidden files are set to show btw)

So now I'm a bit confused about it. I've had no luck after searching about it and it doesn't work under any compatibility(setup.exe) mode.

Any ideas?

- Tony

Hello =)

I am having the same problem. And I want to cry. Could you tell me how you fixed it? I even have vista Business edition. I know it was a long time ago but i would be happy to hear how you fixed it. Thanks hon.

Winrii