Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: A mystery - can u see it?

Bliss you.
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Here's a mystery for you...

Look, text, hidden in my post! Coming at you! RUN! AAAAAAAAAH!

You're all NOOBS! HAHAHA!
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

why am I even following this tripe?

Hows things...?
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

ripe bananna

MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Quote Originally Posted by herosrest
    Hows things...?
    good here! how do neighbour?

Soo, unless you want to post an actually VISIBLE diagram of the tree to see the horse, (how about a BIGGER picture?) let me just say this...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    7 7 7 Trinity <><

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 Mobo
    AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition
    XFX ATi Radeon 5850 XXX Edition
    2x2gb A-DATA PC3 12800
    500GB WD5000AAKS SATA2 HD
    80GB WD SATA HD

right click on any of the images posted and save them to yer desktop - load the saved image in your preferred app and be my guest... the willow image post no.1 is actually 2400 x 1600 sized to fit the web page.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Draco is a circumpolar constellation visible all night from northern latitudes. The constellation winds around the little dipper. Its' stars are not very bright, containing only three stars above magnitude 3.0. At one time Draco was quite a bit larger when the ancient Mesopotamians gave the dragon large wings which wound around Ursa Major. The Greek philosopher Thales lopped off the wings in the sixth century BC.http://starryskies.com/The_sky/constellations/draco.html

Bayeaux Tapestry l guess that is Ansgar in front of Harold.

King Harold fights under the banner of the Golden Warrior, because as an oath-breaker (even under duress and trickery) he cannot fight under the Holy Cross. This was not bad, just unlucky. Symbolic **** like this mattered back then -- these people were incredibly superstitious from our point of view. Halley's Comet had appeared that summer, and for some reason the Normans took that as a good sign, whereas the English were horrified -- well actually, we only have the Norman reaction in the history books, and not the other side's. Edgar Atheling, brought back from Hungary, in London, was Harold's declared heir, but although after Harold's death he was declared King by the independent burgers of London, he quickly fled to Scotland, and William soon built his bloody Tower of London to put the Londoners in their place -- not for long, by the way, but it was the most impressive building in that city until St. Paul's Cathedral, and it continued as a place of terror for centuries, at least for those that messed with the Royals.http://members.aol.com/wjuhc/goldwar.htm

Almost certainly the kite originated in China over 2000 years ago. No matter what we choose to accept as its inspiration, the materials for kitemaking surely existed there: bamboo for frame, and silk for material and line.
    From China, the kite spread rapidly throughout Asia Japan, which absorbed so much of Chinese culture, was the first to embrace the kite, and it was also adopted in Korea, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, and India where substantially different designs developed. Kites were also know early in Polynesia, and forms existed on Easter Island as well. In Europe there is a record of a kite being flown by the Greek scholar Archytas who lived in the fifth century B.C, but evidence suggests that this could have been an import from the east. The American continent knew no indigenous kites in ancient times.
    http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ET3M-TKKW/history7.html

RESIDENTS of a remote Chinese village are hoping DNA tests will prove one of history's most unlikely legends, that they are descended from Roman legionaries lost in antiquity.http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/dna-tests-for-chinas-legionary-lore/2007/02/02/1169919531024.html
    The Battle of Carrhae was a decisive battle fought in the year 53 BC near the town of Carrhae (now the present-day ruins of Harran, Turkey) between the Roman Republic under the Roman general Crassus and the Parthian Empire under the Parthian Spahbod Surena. The result of the battle was an overwhelming victory for the Parthian Empire. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae.
    H.H. Dubs has shown in A Roman City in Ancient China (1957), that there are strong indications that at least some of these Romans offered mercenary service to one Jzh-jzh, the leader of a nomad tribe known from Chinese sources. When he was defeated, these soldiers, which had shown great military prowess and discipline, accompanied the Chinese general to the east. A census list of 1-2 CE mentions a town Li-jien ('Roman city') in the commandery Chang-i.

The Draco,
    the Late Roman military standard.
    The draco Standard was originally developed by the cavalry peoples of the steppes, such as the Sarmatians and the Alans, but also by the Parthians and the Sassanid Persians. It may have been used primarily to determine the wind-direction for the horse archers. Arrian described it as a long sleeve, 'made by sewing pieces of dyed material together'. This sleeve/tube hung limp when the rider was at rest, but on the move it flew like a serpent and whistled in the wind. The hollow head, in the form of a toothed dragon, was formed from metal and the wind passing through it would extend the cloth tube tail attached to the neck of the head. The draco was also used by the Dacians (or their allies) and no less than 20 of these are shown on Trajan's Column.www.fectio.org.uk/ articles/draco.htm

http://links.jstor.org/sici?sici=0038-7134...%3E2.0.CO%3B2-G

http://www.baronage.co.uk/bphtm-01/wessex-1.html

Saxon cavalry
    Last edited by herosrest; 05-11-2007 at 04:16 AM.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    let me just say this...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    In England, that's called - Taking the pi ss!
    Last edited by herosrest; 05-11-2007 at 04:19 AM.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

It may have been used primarily to determine the wind-direction for the horse archers.
    They shot horses through the air with bows? Now I know you're joking around.
    Thank God we're not getting all of the government we're paying for!

Quote Originally Posted by Lgbpop
    They shot horses through the air with bows? Now I know you're joking around.

The Parthian shot was a military tactic employed by the ancient Parthians, inhabitants of present-day Iran. The Parthian archers, mounted on light horse, would feign retreat; then, while at a full gallop, turn their bodies back to shoot at the pursuing enemy. The maneuver required superb equestrian skills, since the rider's hands were occupied by his bow, leaving only pressure from his legs to guide his horse.

A notable battle in which this tactic was employed (by the Parthians) was the Battle of Carrhae. In this battle the Parthian shot was a principal factor in the Parthian victory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_shot
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING

i still think your mystery image stinks.

I still prefer cake to pie.