Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bush says he didn't intend to insult Democrats

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Bush says he didn't intend to insult Democrats

WASHINGTON, Jan 29 - President George W. Bush said on Monday he did not intend to insult Democrats by failing to pronounce their party's full name in his State of the Union address.

"I didn't know I did it," Bush told NPR in an interview.

In his speech last Tuesday, Bush declared to a joint session of the U.S. Congress that "I congratulate the Democrat majority." Some Democrats were incensed he did not say "Democratic." The party's proper name is the Democratic Party.

Republicans for years have dropped the last two letters of the name as a slight to the party. Bush's prepared text of his speech had the proper name but he misstated it in his address.

Bush called it an oversight and said he was "not that good at pronouncing words anyway." He said he was surprised at the level of distrust in Washington.

"There is a lot of politics in Washington -- in my judgment, needless politics. And it's almost like, 'If George Bush is for it, we're against it,' and 'If he's against it, we're for it.' And the American people don't like that," Bush said.

In his speech, Bush went out of his way to praise California Democratic Rep. Nancy Pelosi, the new speaker of the House of Representatives, and declared his intent to work with Democrats in the majority of the House and Senate.

Stupid people, don't they know GW can't pronounce any word with more than 2 syllables?
    Say nuclear georgie...
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobo57
    Stupid people, don't they know GW can't pronounce any word with more than 2 syllables?
    Say nuclear georgie...
    Kin Yanks huh

GW has the IQ of roadkill, so I don't expect much of him. He can't say nuclear or much else correctly either.

IQ of roadkill? Don't ya think yer giving him too much credit? He doesn't even have that!

The only thing that makes him a good military leader is that he likes to show off and get rid of what he can't comprehend, or have.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Who cares if someone insulted Democrats??? Who cares if someone insulted Republicans??? Like religion, the problem with either side isn't their beliefs: it's the organization and clique-ishness that makes them both incapable of rational thought and dangerous to the rest of society.

Oh NO!!! Bush said Democrat in stead of Democratic! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO!!! OMFG, STFU ya Democrats. It's only one syllable, one lousy syllable.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231
    Oh NO!!! Bush said Democrat in stead of Democratic! WHAT EVER SHALL WE DO!!! OMFG, STFU ya Democrats. It's only one syllable, one lousy syllable.

settle down

I'm sorry, but the last 2 posts got me that way, and the fact that people are so obsessive that way. I don't know what they expect GWB to be, what, a man of god?

We need another Winston Churchill. An American Winston Churchill.

People would tear Winston Churchill apart these days. Let's face it: we hate everyone.

He's done it before, and there was a big stink, and now he's done it again. Clearly it's either on purpose or he is just the biggest idiot in the world. To be honest, I'm not sure which it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tantone
    People would tear Winston Churchill apart these days. Let's face it: we hate everyone.
    True, but people in the UK tore him up badly too, and everyone liked him afterwards.

My dad thinks that GWB is gonna be the new WC, but he isn't smart enough to be one.

Yes, I agree we hate everyone, just listen to our music.

I don't hear any music???

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?" - C. Stoll

Never mind hating everyone, the American people are getting the flak because of GWB, once he's gone, and as long as he doesn't nuke anywhere first, things will settle down again, and you'll stop being hated because of your mad leaders.
    Bush is no Churchill, more like Attila the Hun, without a brain.

Repent!.....
    During deep sleep IT came to me and the future of processing is clear.
    Future processors will primarily be digital tuning radios acting as grid computing nodes.
    Voila. See ya in hell.
    PROCESSING