Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Vista upgrade

Somewhat?? Jak...Show us some good ole 'British' emotion here, if there is such a thing LOL

Its not all that uncommon to recieve some perks for something.. exp. ; your job, efforts made towards an endeaver, or even putting forth some form of humanity. "That does not make it free, but a perk" Even good karma will pop up in the strangest places. It happens..

"If you don't open your eyes sometime, you could miss it" ( 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off')
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    Somewhat?? Jak...Show us some good ole 'British' emotion here, if there is such a thing LOL
    Only "somewhat" because the level of service you recieve in exchange for the tuition fees paid is quite frankly shoddy to say the least.

--Jakk
    "You don't know Jakk..."

Windows Vista Business x64
    Hiper 580Watt PSU -- Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L -- Intel Core2Quad 6600 -- 4GB PC6400 -- 256MB GeForce FX7800GT
    SATA-II HDD 1x500Gb/1x400GB/1x250GB-- 1x120GB ATA-100 HDD
    [/B]

I see... LOL Hope everything else is going good for ya.

No doubt I will porbably be one of the last users to get Vista. More so because its not my major priority, rather then any nusances or bugs..etc.. Too many HW upgrades i want first.. money money money... thats all it boils down to for me in truth.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I picked up and did a clean install of Vista Premium Upgrade today. It is a bit quirky on my system; but that's why I'm dual booting.
    SAVING FACE OR LOSING FACE

I'm in the process of doing the clean install of Vista Ultimate-- I bought a second HD for it just because I don't trust Vista's drivers. (As soon as I get drivers for everything I'll dump XP).

I had a couple of worries about the clean upgrade (it sounded too good to be true as it does allow an upgrade without verifying the previous CD) but finally decided it was both doable and legitimate. It clearly states on the packaging (in the box that says it's the Upgrade Edition) that a backup and clean install may be necessary.

That says MS approves of clean installs on upgrade editions.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].