Thread: Vandals Caught By CCTV

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar

Vandals Caught By CCTV

A hooded gang which vandalised a town's Christmas tree was made to redecorate it again moments later after being caught on CCTV.

The yobs had ripped £100-worth of fairy lights from the tree in Bridgwater, Somerset.

But they were marched back to the scene of the crime to repair their handiwork by police officers.

Sedgemoor District Council has decided to shame the yobs publicly by releasing CCTV images of them being forced to make amends.

The youngsters had been spotted attacking the tree by a CCTV operator at about 7pm on Monday, November 25.

Armed with descriptions, officers tracked them down within a few minutes and by 7.30pm the gang faced the humiliation of having to redecorate the tree.

The grainy images of the teenagers in action were released by the council in the hope of further denting the youths' street cred.

CCTV supervisor Mike Porter said: "They thought they could get away with it, but we called the police who found them just around the corner.

"Then half an hour later we got to see them again, but they didn't look very happy as they were made to hang the lights back up in front of their mates."

Friggin christmas trees, who needs em.

After they had redone the tree they should have been shot in the head on camera, then have that film released. That'd show the rest of them what happens when you get caught being a pooh head.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Rock On Leppy

Yer must get shot in America for takin to long to cross the road.
    That'll teach ya to make me sit here for ten seconds sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk View Post
    A hooded gang which vandalised a town's Christmas tree was made to redecorate it again moments later after being caught on CCTV.

The yobs had ripped £100-worth of fairy lights from the tree in Bridgwater, Somerset.

But they were marched back to the scene of the crime to repair their handiwork by police officers.

Sedgemoor District Council has decided to shame the yobs publicly by releasing CCTV images of them being forced to make amends.

The youngsters had been spotted attacking the tree by a CCTV operator at about 7pm on Monday, November 25.

Armed with descriptions, officers tracked them down within a few minutes and by 7.30pm the gang faced the humiliation of having to redecorate the tree.

The grainy images of the teenagers in action were released by the council in the hope of further denting the youths' street cred.

CCTV supervisor Mike Porter said: "They thought they could get away with it, but we called the police who found them just around the corner.

"Then half an hour later we got to see them again, but they didn't look very happy as they were made to hang the lights back up in front of their mates."

That is what I like most about CCTV... It gives you the power to know the exact incident and it increases the chances of perpetrators being caught. It is really a big help when it comes to surveillance. It is really an asset. I installed one in our house today.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcell View Post
    That is what I like most about CCTV... It gives you the power to know the exact incident and it increases the chances of perpetrators being caught. It is really a big help when it comes to surveillance. It is really an asset. I installed one in our house today.
    Grave digger?

Grave digging indeed.
    MSI 870S-G46 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8ghz | Gigabyte Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition | 1 x 128GB Kingston HyperX SSD | 2 x WD 500GB Blue HDD | Arch Linux x64 | BFG Tech LS SERIES LS-550 550W | 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600 RAM (12 GB)

Quote Originally Posted by rockinup1231 View Post
    Grave digging indeed.
    Well then I'm just giving my own opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by skivvy View Post
    Grave digger?
    and what do you call yourself? non-sense existence? Having an account with no value? You have not even post anything or help others right? I'd rather to choose dig some post to give my opinion and help rather than having an account with no value.