Thread: Playing Doom 3 again.. heres a strange thing

Playing Doom 3 again.. heres a strange thing

I'm playing Doom 3 again and I am going through something really really strange.. in the part where you battle the big Bull like creature...

Yeah.. i know this is tough..but i have gotten through this game like at least three times and even on hard mode,and never had to battle him for longer than is normal for myself ,who is a real good FPS gamer. Heres the deal..

The game just won't allow me to defeat him.. and its not because i am not doing the right thing or things.. I keep hitting the flying light creatures,and then hit the blue orb that pops on his back ,over and over and over .. so far like over twenty times through or more so far. I even put the command prompt cheat 'god mode' on with no luck still. This is very very frustrating... I cannot figure out why the game which up till now was fairly easy for me to get through is not letting me kill this creature. Beginning to think its some glitch somewhere..

On that note this is not the best week for me as some other games i haved played have me stuck on some parts , and i have played them also before.

I also am tired of so many games having that darn impossible scenario the makers seem to have to put into games,thinkiing it adds to gameplay,when in fact for me it just seems plain stupid and wastes far too much time,replaying and replaying ten times.
    Just make it hard ,but not an impossible thing so most of us can just get on with it and have fun...

Just thought the above problem i am having was real strange... LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

If I recall correctly; you shoot the flame out then kill off as many flyers as possible untill it comes back then shoot the flame out and kill off more flyers. I may be wrong but I believe that you have to kill off all of the flyers and the flame before you can kill the bull critter.
    I had a terrible time with this the first time thru (ran out of ammo several times)(I had ansome kind of glitch that affected both the game play and the video) had to play the game thru a second time to see the ending.

Try taking a break, and come back later. One of my friends complains that some things are too hard then I walk through it without problems, sometimes the reverse is also true.
    Mental blocks are wonderful things to stumble over!
    Enjoy!
    Got me one o' them 'puter thangs!

Yeah.. i agree with the coming back at at another time,and thats just what i usually do most often. I just feel that in some games , i get too frustrated or mad,and then i just forget it.
    Up till that point i was flying through the game.. and it just figures. Amazing how these games seem to know somehow, and then gt hard as heck all of a sudden.

Three times previously when i played this, i got through this part in a pretty short time period. ZThis last time i hit the fliers like ten times gone and then the bull and he just shakes it off and the thingies come popping out too fast ,before i can kill the darn thing.

That being said, its alwys good to go back and replay some of your good games, and i am one of the majority few that think this game is alot better than many naysayers feel. An incredible piece of work. Better still than alot of the newer games coming out. No complaints there. Thks for the input HJ.... LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS