Thread: Movies on IPOD?

Movies on IPOD?

Hi all,

A friend of mine had just got himself an IPOD with a colour screen, and he reckons he can somehow put his DVD's on it via itunes, and watch them, although he doesn't know how. Think his IPOD has got 20 or 30GB capacity.

I've never played with IPODS before, as I don't especially like the itunes interface. Can anyone please explain to me (in idiot language) how we could go about doing this (if possible). Would he need some software like DVD Shrink or something?

Thanks.

Clarky.

You can't just change them over from the dvd to the iPod using iTunes unless you purchase the movie online, other then that you have to use 3rd party software then get it into the iTunes...I'm suprised it even lets you rip cd's to the iPod since the RIAA has made it clear that you aren't supposed to do that but are supposed to buy the mp3's online and download them to put them on your mp3 player. There are plenty of programs tho just look up dvd to iPod video converter in google or something there is ample information.

I'm dissapointed at my 60 gig with movies tho unless it's plugged in you only get about 30mins of movie time before the battery is completely dead from a full charge. Apple says the new one gets 6.5hours of movie but i don't know for sure.
    Dell Optiplex GX270 Small Form-Factor
    P4HT 3.4GHz (from 2.4), 2GB DDR400
    XFX 6200 Low-Profile, 320GB 7200rpm SATA
    Custom Built 350W Power Supply
    DVD-RW, Acer 22" Widescreen

Quote Originally Posted by DKJones96
    I'm dissapointed at my 60 gig with movies tho unless it's plugged in you only get about 30mins of movie time before the battery is completely dead from a full charge. Apple says the new one gets 6.5hours of movie but i don't know for sure.
    30 minutes? My 30gb, which is supposed to have less battery run time than the 60gb, gets about 2 hours. Do you have the latest firmware (which also lets you lower the brightness which improves battery life even further)?

THE freeware converter is SUPER (Simplified Universal Player Encoder & Renderer). This assumes that you are able to get the files to the hard drive or have non protected DVD.

But SUPER will convert all sorts of video files to be compliant to play on the iPod. As for how to get them onto the iPod, I don't know. I use a Palm!
    TheGreatRaymond@sbcglobal.net
    Please indicate you are from SysOpt in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam

I believe I have the latest firmware. It's probably the battery messed up...It's fairly new tho and I don't use it that much so I don't know. I've got 3 year apple care so oh well lol.
    Dell Optiplex GX270 Small Form-Factor
    P4HT 3.4GHz (from 2.4), 2GB DDR400
    XFX 6200 Low-Profile, 320GB 7200rpm SATA
    Custom Built 350W Power Supply
    DVD-RW, Acer 22" Widescreen

You just want to convert your movie to your iPod,right?
    So,you can use winavi ipod video converter.It can help you more,and easy to use for newbie.You can try its trial version first.
    Good luck