Thread: Dell 2405FPW on an ATI AIW 128 PRO AGP?

Dell 2405FPW on an ATI AIW 128 PRO AGP?

On W98se I just replaced an ATI AIW PRO-PCI (the 8 Meg board) with an ATI AIW 128 PRO-AGP (32 Meg board).

Both driving a Dell 2405 FPW LCD.

The rest is Tyan S1590 m/b; AMD 500; 384meg of memory.

Everything is - almost - okay - sort of.
    What I was after (higher resolutions) is basically achieved but there is a display anomaly for which I could used some ideas on how to resolve.

The short story is the display is sort of like it is trying to pan across displays.

If I cursor all the way to the left edge the display is "okay" - it fills the screen.
    However, as I start mousing over towards the right edge, at about 3 1/2"" from the edge, the display starts shifting to the left and what was shifted begins appearing at the right edge. When I finish mousing all the way to the right edge the display has completly shifted and the 3 1/2 inches has wrapped around the screen.

I can only mouse to the right as far as what was originally the right edge.
    In other words, as I mouse to the right and that edge starts coming left towards the pointer, the movement will stop when that original right edge and the pointer meet - at about 3 1/2 inches physically from the right side of the screen. I can no longer get the mouse to touch the actual right edge of the screen.

I hope that's clear enough.
    I've attached a Jpeg image of a shifted screen.
    Hopefully that'll help visualizing what's happening.
    I've removed the device and software and re-installed a couple of times from a couple of different angles. The basic installation seems clear: I can set the higher resolutions; the tv works;...

Everything seems to work the way it should (as far as I can tell) except I can't make the wrapping display go away.

Any ideas?

Frankly, I started here as I anticipate not getting very far with ATI on this older card especially now that they're attached to AMD and I also don't think Dell would have anything to offer.

Thanks for you help.
    Geo. Salisbury
    Long Valley, NJ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Geo. S.