Thread: Works Spreadsheet to Excel conversion?

Works Spreadsheet to Excel conversion?

Does anyone know how to convert, or know of a program that converts .wks to work with Excel?

That's the problem, I don't have Microsoft Works, just Office XP. My wife did all of her stuff in Works. Her word processing documents open fine in Word, but her spreadsheet stuff doesn't work at all in Excel. I think my folks have an old copy of Works, so if I can't find anything out I'll snag their old copy the next time we visit. It came bundled with a computer they bought 10 years ago though so it might be too old.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Have you tried Open Office yet instead of Office XP?

At least it is a free download.

Quote Originally Posted by own
    Does anyone know how to convert, or know of a program that converts .wks to work with Excel?
    When you open Excel, use the File Open option, go down to the file types and look for the .wks option. If it isn't there get your Office CD and pop it in and make sure you've loaded all the convertors for MSWorks - I think in the Tools section. That should work?

Open as .wks didn't even work, but I went and got my parents Works 4.0 copy and she just copied the info down and is going to transfer it to Excel.