Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BF2142 Demo - Out 10/5 for Preorders

I think with so much grahical stuff encodded in agame like this..,along with the action..and MP involved... it just puts alot of demand on a game.. I also think players should be a bit more relaistic as to how high resolutions can play out.., regardless of how good a video card you have. I did not have any real slowdowns when playing with such a past gen. card as mine. No real artifacting either. For the record i am using the 93.47 drivers.. last out from Nvidia.

I was actually quite surprised on my end at how well it played... compared to BF2. In that game i was like slow mo alot of the time in and out of the game. My card was the obvious culprit there however.

Wonder how this would run and play out with a dual SLI setup?? Like possibly two FX7950's in SLI mode for example.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I don't think I am being unrealistic. I can play G.R.A.W. at 1680x1050 with every option set as high as possible. This game is nowhere near as graphically intense as G.R.A.W. I should have no problem running it.

I have no problems running BF2 on my 6800GT. for that reason alone, a X1900XT and an X2 4600+ should be able to rip through BF2142 like it's nothing.

All of your specs are right. I don't see any reason as to why your computer isn't plowing through this game like it's nothing.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

Hopefully it is something that one of the early patches will take care of, or possibly a driver update from ATi. *crosses fingers*

Ultimate Member
    MJC, have you atleast tried using lower resolutions to see if that speeds things up at all?

I've tried running at 1280x1024, instead of 1680x1050, and I get roughly the same FPS, which leads me to believe the issue is with the game and not my computer...I've tried various levels of AA and AF as well, but again, no drastic changes or improvements. I get a pretty consistent 50-60FPS when not much is going on, and ~20-30 FPS when there is a lot of action on the screen.

Has anyone posted any sorts of problems with the X2 processors? If it's exactly the same from one resolution to another, that tells me that it's a processor problem. Check EA's forums.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

Well, one "problem" is that the game isn't dual core optimized, but that's another story.

BF2 runs fine, yet BF2142 doesn't, at the same settings. Since they are basically the same game, that means they screwed something up (suprise suprise). I guess I'll be waiting for the 1.1 patch and see what that has to offer.

Recently, i downloaded the AMD dual core optimization drivers.. and of course i use a Nvidia card.. but i'm not knowledgeable to know why a card and sytem lke that is not doing better ..,in game. Even at my low FPS, which is constantl;y a bit lower than yours.., the game still seems pretty smoth overall. I go right along flying,riding any vehicles and shooting... Not much slo mo like in BF2 so far.

Possibly, its someting in yourt system running in the background,drawing some graphical CPU or memory?? or the CPU itself??? I wouldn't waste much time worrying about it though, if other games do well... EA is just wierd alot of the time, in the way they make thier games..
    Any intensive HL2 game engine runs great for most anybody, and that also includes alot of grahical goings on...

Have you looked up any postings of others with similar specs as yourself for comparisons..?
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Howdy Rabbit,

I've talked to a few people with similar specs, and a few of them are experiencing something similar to me, so I take comfort in that. As for CPU/GPU load, I'm pretty sure that isn't what the problem is here, but it is a good thing to investigate. Like I said, I'll just hope that the big bugs will be ironed out in the 1.1 patch. Right now, I've set just about everything to "Medium" in-game, and that seems to help somewhat with my framerate.

Ultimate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadPistol
    Has anyone posted any sorts of problems with the X2 processors? If it's exactly the same from one resolution to another, that tells me that it's a processor problem. Check EA's forums.
    Just yesterday I upgraded my single core Opteron 146 @ 2.8GHz to an X2 4400+ @ 2.5GHz but I have not yet played BF2142 on the X2 yet. I probably won't get the chance to mess with it until Friday, but when I do i'll post my results.

MJC, one quick way to determine wether or not you're being CPU limited is to temporarily overclock your processor and see if it speeds things up. I know not everyone likes to OC their CPU, but it may help you pin point the problem.

Good point, RamonGTP. I've got a decent HSF on my CPU, so I could probably give that a whirl.

Is it just me or are any of you guys still a bit annoyed with the way they still havent sorted out a lot of bugs in BF2. I still get several issues with it, even with the 1.4 patch. Fake ping times and also there are times when your teams colour doesnt show and you end up shooting them or on the other end of the spectrum you try to see if they are on your team and then get shot(talk about annoying)

EA are not getting any more cash of me, especially for a partially reworked game.