Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BF2142 Demo - Out 10/5 for Preorders

BF2142 Demo - Out 10/5 for Preorders

http://battlefield2142.ea.com/battle...ws_100406.aspx

We would like to formally welcome you to the Battlefield 2142 Demo featuring the Sidi Power Plant Map! This Thursday (10/5/06) you can begin your exploration of the next step in the Battlefield World while battling with your friends in both our new Titan Game Mode and classic Conquest Game Mode. As a benefit to those players who have pre-ordered their copy of Battlefield 2142 from EA the demo will be available exclusively through the EA Downloader for the first 24 hours! Sign on and immerse yourself into the new Battlefield Experience and prepare for the next age of online Warfare!
    If you didn't preorder, you'll have to wait 'till the next day to get your hands on the demo. Luckily, I did.

i played the beta for 1 day, was enough for me
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

New info from bf2142fever.com:

First on Thurdsay the 5th October 9am CET, the users who preordered with the EA Downloader will be able to download it.
    On Friday the 6th October 9am CET, subscribers to Gamespot complete will be able to start downloading it.
    On Saturday the 7th October 9am CET, everyone else will be able to get the demo and play it.
    Interesting..."normal" people need to wait two days...

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar
    bf2142 improves too little over bf2, you can dl a mod thats almost the same thing as bf2142 for bf2 and thats free

the only games im really looking forward to in Q4 2006 are

- Gothic III
    - Medieval 2: Total War
    Intel Core i7 920 | Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P| 6GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600| EVGA GeForce GTX 260 |Vigor Monsoon III LT| Antec Quattro 1,000W PSU | Windows 7 x64

I can wait till Saturday... whats the big deal there??/ Very excellent gamesite. They have done an excellent job with thier game portals and all.. and everything else.

If not for monies.. this is the one gamesite i would pay to join.... Was just visting there, and shcking out the new Crysis videos and screenies... Now.. that game is going to be HUGE. Best game overall i have seen come out to date.. Just amzing stuff... ( sorry.. wasn't trying to hijack the thread LOL )
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

BF2 is a good game, but it is just too much of a resource hog. It also take too long to long to load. The load times are so long on my computer (2-3 minutes) that I hate playing it. I want to be able to jump right into the game. If BF2142 hasn't chnaged that at all, which I doubt it has, I won't be getting it.

I think it is still too soon to release a sequel for BF2 anyways. They haven't exhausted the possibilities with BF2 yet.

So not really looking forward to it either.
    Two Crazy Ducks Hosting - Windows shared web hosting

Well, I played the demo a bit before I went to work today, initially it seems pretty decent. Didn't have any problems with the install, and forcing widescreen is possible in the same way you do for BF2. I found it interesting that not even 1280x1024 was listed as a possible resolution in the demo too...

I set everything to max, and was getting a bit of a low framerate while within the Titan...I'm not sure if its buggy code or not, but the framerate actually seemed to improve when I went from 2xAA to 4xAA...I'll have to experiment with that more later.

There aren't any unlocks in the demo, which is a bit of a disappointment. There are two game modes, Conquest and Titan, both using the same map, Sidi Power Plant.

Unfortunately, since there aren't any unlocks, there isn't much of a point as playing as Recon or Support, as they seem to be at a bit of a disadvantage without any unlocks.

I'll try and take some screenshots later today.

I'll try the demo. If the game runs like BF2 and it plays well, I will more than likely get it for giggles. If not, well BF2 is still good, so I won't be getting bored of it anytime soon.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

I'm just the curious sort.. but knowing the specs as i know they are... this game is going to play ...not very well for me ,with my low end video card and all... BF2 actaully plays OK for me.. but i think thats because i got a better CPU now. Even in that game it played chppy in alot of sectors at times and FPS were obviously not very good. That is where the newer video cards come in... same goes for the upcoming game Crysis.
    If a game getws to the point of just bad FPS and all tht, I agree with kpm. I don't have much patience with how a game runs or settings untold controls to do so.

EA is notorious for settings game specs on their porducts, knowing full well they will not run very good at those.... Comeon... Just be logical and set them at min. where the game runs good... after all.. If you invest money... it must be disappointing to find out it runs badly.
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    I've been playing the demo and I don't think i'll be buying the full game. Titan mode is pretty cool but not cool enough for me to buy the game. It is very similar to Onslaught in UT2004. Infact, the entire game has a UT2004 feel to it. Conquest mode works the same way as BF2, although I prefer the gameplay in BF2 many times over that in 2142.

The Gameplay in this is pretty good. It's different, but it's not bad in my opinion.

The Graphics have a very healthy upgrade to them. I also found that just overclocking my video card a little from stock fixes any kind of lag issues I've had. Honestly, I haven't gotten to play it enough yet to decide if I'm going to buy it or not. Only time will tell.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 | eVGA 680i SLI | eVGA 8800 GTX | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair XMS2 2GB PC2-6400 800mhz @ 4-4-4-12 | Western Digital 500GB Caviar HDD | OCZ GameXStream 700-watt PSU | 24" Acer X241W LCD

Well there goes another GB of HD space.. DL'ing it now .... I'm with you MP.. i might OC my card just for this game to check it out... I'm sure i'll like it OK. its just that i liked BF2 just fine, but my specs don't match what one should have to play it... You got a better card than me... LOL

Well, i'm having porblems.. seemed to install fine and everything is there in the folder. I hit the play exe. and i got that i am missing this .dll : d3dx9_29.dll

Does anybody know what that pertaiins to?? I noticed they have the DX installer also in the folder and that is up to date. Figure... I just have more problems with EA games. Also, i find it strange that all the codecs it says that cannot support renderer are alot of the most common. My system uses realtrek AC 850 for muti channel ... Nuts! All that time waiting for this to download and i can't even get it to open. NO other game i have period has any problems whatsoever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitrunner51
    and i got that i am missing this .dll : d3dx9_29.dll
    Use this link.

http://www.shdon.com/view?doc=d3dx

Download the link that says "All versions". I had the exact same problem. I downloaded this file from the internet and it fixed the problem. I didn't even have to restart my computer once I installed the files.

Thanks MP.. in the back of my miind i think i thought that might be the case....

Darn.. i have to DL the whole demo again as i deleted it.. but now theres hope. LOL