Thread: Dell E521 or Dimension 1100

Dell E521 or Dimension 1100

I was just on the Dell website configuring systems for cost comparisons. I started with an E521 then tried a Dimension 1100, which was listed with a base price $100 less than the E521.

After I ran the configurations and added the features I wanted they came out to exactly the same price!

Considering they are the same price, which is a better system?

Thanks

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    The HP is. I hate Dell ever since I had to work on them as a deskside support tech. I can't understand why the desktop systems don't burn up like the laptops do.

Build your own. It's about time, doncha think?
    MS MCP, MCSE

I have a Dimension 4400 with a burned out motherboard that I was thinking of fixing for myself. Trying to learn how to compare motherboards and CPU's.

I'm comparing the new Dell's for a friend who wants a new system but does not want to spend a lot. I'm thinking one of those two models is end of line and the other is the replacement but I don't know how to tell, assuming I've guessed right.

Get the one with the larger case - for upgrades.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Every Dell is end of line after 3 months of introdution. That s the nature of a retail computer business. Kepp coming out with new products so someone wants to upgrade to it. It drove me crazy making new images every 3 months for th new desktop and laptop models that kept coming out with completely different chipsets and hardware drivers.

I wouldnt get either as the performance is alway crappy due to the cheap memory they put in their systems. I got a P4 3.2 1024MB RAM 160GB sata hdd and it runs like a dog, I would go as far as to say my old Athlon 1800+ runs faster and it only has 512MB RAM plus it has a lot more stuff on it.

Build your own using quality parts as there are just too many scams with prebuilt systems.