Thread: Vista interfaces, what about Windows 3.1?

Vista interfaces, what about Windows 3.1?

See...I'd just end up using windows classic like I do now with xp. I'm glad it's still there...
    Dell Optiplex GX270 Small Form-Factor
    P4HT 3.4GHz (from 2.4), 2GB DDR400
    XFX 6200 Low-Profile, 320GB 7200rpm SATA
    Custom Built 350W Power Supply
    DVD-RW, Acer 22" Widescreen

Probably less of a resource hog also.

Thankfully I'll still be able to use classic. I have XP and hate the Fisher Price interface so much that I instantly changed it to classic. I like classic. I know where things are and how to use them, I'm comfortable with them. Sure, if you hadn't used classic much or ever then you prolly will like the new ones because you grew up with them. OK, I started with a command line with DOS 2.11, and I still like to use it at times. I never liked windows 1.0 to 3.11 though, it sucked, was sometimes difficult to figure out and that sort, but when 95 came out, I liked it. And those that followed using the same basic look. I'm not against change, but somethings, it's nice to have a choice on.

The aero is far prettier, ive got it on one here, it is a pain to get going though. I had another with all the proper specs and I never could get aero on it.

I guess ill know which version I am working on as soon as I fire it up come the time the repair calls start to roll in.

The classic version looks better than the basic, its just fugly.
    to many pc's to list

I actually use category view in the control panel. Makes going thru icons faster for me not having to search for them.
    Dell Optiplex GX270 Small Form-Factor
    P4HT 3.4GHz (from 2.4), 2GB DDR400
    XFX 6200 Low-Profile, 320GB 7200rpm SATA
    Custom Built 350W Power Supply
    DVD-RW, Acer 22" Widescreen

Banned
    I use the classic or "Advanced" search option in Windows - call it as you like it.

It's far more efficient to use than the stupid questionnaire - what kind of docs, what size, where are them and so on. Go Advanced!

My computer is pretty old, so I still use the classic interface (I had it adjusted for best performance in My Computer properties).

I prefer to look for the actual icon of the program i want to use instead of vague questions. I also prefer the advanced search option too as i dont know file sizes, i just know the name of the file im looking for, especially if it happens to be a hidden file in the windows folder.
    AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.41GHZ : Asus M3A78-T : 8GB DDR2 800 : Acer 23" 1080P Widescreen : ATi Radeon HD 4870 : OCZ GameXtremE 850 Watt PSU