Thread: Takes 30 to 50 seconds to open page in IE, but works fine in Firefox?

Takes 30 to 50 seconds to open page in IE, but works fine in Firefox?

I have updated one of our areas of our company's Intranet website using DW8 and Fireworks8. I use templates so that a single change can then be applied to multiple pages at once. I also use Fireworks to create the navigation -- which I then imbed the HTML and image slices from Fireworks into DW's template.

I use Firefox 98% of the time and it loaded just fine so I published it. However, most everyone in our company uses IE. In IE, the page, or any of the pages based on this template, takes 30 to 50 seconds to complete. Before that time, they show as 'not responding'. But, as long as you are patient, it eventually finishes loading and you can make ONE click and then wait another 30 to 50 seconds.

However, in Firefox, it works just fine. The only thing I can think of that would cause this (it used to work fine) is the HTML and/or image slices from Firefox as that is the only update I've made to the template or to any of the pages based on the template.

Attached is the HTML from the template file.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not surprising. Screamweaver produces the world's worst and most convoluted javascript. You're also preloading a great deal of images there, but if you lost the javascript and found more efficiently coded script, the problem would probably cease.

this might point you in the right direction

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

it offers advice on how to speed up your page etc.