Thread: Defective Razor?

Defective Razor?

My girlfriend recently bought me a Motorola Razor v3 cell phone. It works fine usually. On many occasions it tends to shut off and reset or stay off completely. I say this happens at least 2-4 times a day. The battery is usually fully charged or I keep it connected to the charger. I dont use it too much, but sometimes I may use it for 15 minutes or less. Is this common or do I have a defective phone? The phone is about 3 months old.

what about trying a new battery?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Go getta new one ........ Sounds duff to me ........... My fone hasn't been switched off for about 3 months ........ I just come home plonk it in the charger & grab it b4 I go out

Solution = don't buy motorola phones and especially not the Razr

I dunno ....... I've had a few Moto's ......... Theys good, But no where near as good as Nokias ........... Mind you in saying all that, The Nth Americans Use vastly different GSM/PCN frequencies to the rest of the world, so I spose its a case of which ever manufacturer produces the best performing fone..... I've found my dual band nokkia is fine for the places I've asked it to work....... Seemed a bit of a waste to go buying a tri/quad band fone & not really needing its capabilities.

Sounds like a grounding or shorting problem. You didn't state the carrier. If it is Cingular, they will replace it. Other carriers vary. Oh, and don't buy the RAZR. I sell phones and have to replace Razors all the time! The ROKRs are complete junk as well.
    blah.

Quote Originally Posted by j.m@talk
    I dunno ....... I've had a few Moto's ......... Theys good, But no where near as good as Nokias ........... Mind you in saying all that, The Nth Americans Use vastly different GSM/PCN frequencies to the rest of the world, so I spose its a case of which ever manufacturer produces the best performing fone..... I've found my dual band nokkia is fine for the places I've asked it to work....... Seemed a bit of a waste to go buying a tri/quad band fone & not really needing its capabilities.
    I had a V600 once....it was a nightmare to use.

The cousin got a new Sony Erection () phone....the thing has a 3.2Megapixel camera on it!

I will stick to nokia

The is the one I'm waiting for

Tiz a beast