Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not starting up...

sean1983uk

Not starting up...

Recently bought a new case and transfered all my parts over and connected up the power/reset/hd led and power led wires waiting to be impressed by the case. Closed it all up, plugged in power supply, and touched the sensitouch button to power it up...

NOTHING!!!! well it starts up then after about 3 seconds turns off!

I've tried connecting the wires round the other way etc, but still does the same.

If i just have the power wire connected it will start up and laod windows, but when i close down i then have to turn off at the power supply for about 10 secs before i can turn it back on again.

I thought it might be dodgy wires in the case so tried it on my other computer and it all works fine.. so i'm thinking its something wrong with my motherboard?

I was worried i'd ruined it some how so put it all back in its old case connected it up and it works fine.

So its just not working in the new case for some reason

The case i have is:

http://www.arbico.co.uk/BLACK-SENSIT...E-p-17244.html

this is my motherboard:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...2r-i865pe.html

i've tried connecting it when its not in the case, incase the case was shorting out somewhere but still wont load up.

Think i've covered everything, if not just ask

So anyone have any Ideas?

Sean

just an idea but whats the "Case open detection header" could this be doing it? or would it not even load up once if this was teh problem?

Ok.. When you press the button the first time it worked for 3 seconds and it stopped, and now it doesn't work at all anymore? is that what you're saying? if so it's you're power supply..

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    If it works fine in the old case, then it is not any of the hardware.

I would bet you missed a connector or wire when installing it in the new case. Try again, but double, and triple check each and every wire and connector.

Write down each one as you unplug it in the old case, then cross it off the list when you go to the new case.

sean1983uk
    no the first time it will load up, its only after i shut down that it wont start again.

i've tried it with another powerpack to and same thing happens..

anymore ideas?

sean1983uk
    hi sterling,

tried that too everything is def connected it just doesn't make sense to me :s

Try it again in the old case, if it works there, it's something that's not connected properly. Are you sure the case connectors are plugged correctly in the mobo?

are you sure there aren't any extra standoffs under the board in the new case?

sean1983uk
    I've tried the connecters in each way round, starting with just one and adding more. Still nothing.

is it possible the mothervoard doesn't support it?

sean1983uk
    what are standoffs? sorry

places to screw the motherboard I think.. it make sures everything is grounded right. right?

standoffs are the mount points under the motherboard. they are usually made of brass. the fact that you didn't know what they are concerns me.

sean1983uk
    i know what they are didn't know they were called that. i got six of them all in place, that should be enough?

they should be placed under the ISOLATED holes, aka the holes with the grounded rings around them.

sean1983uk
    yup thats right, the mobo and everything else works in another case fine

i know what they are didn't know they were called that. i got six of them all in place, that should be enough?
    Six standoffs for an ATX motherboard? Not likely. Use the correct threaded screws for ALL the standoffs. ATX board will have at least 9. If you're not installing all the brass standoffs in the case, the board will short out.