Thread: Digital Artifacts present recording with Sound Forge

Digital Artifacts present recording with Sound Forge

There is a studio & computer set-up for recording voice/music/etc. On occasion, digital artifacting (usually small "clicks") will be present upon playback of just-recorded input when recorded using Sound Forge 6.0. They almost always take place in a series of five clicks in exact one-second intervals. It is also done at seemingly random instances.

I've ruled out interference from the cables connected to the different hardware recording pieces. Most if not all are shielded I believe. The artifacting appears only during a recording session using the Sound Forge software. I even tried shutting off the monitor during such recording, to no avail. I think it's software related, but I have no clue as to why it's doing that.

I'm using Windows XP with Creative SB Extigy External Sound Card, and all drivers for the sound card have been updated. Any help at all is definitely appreciated. It's important that we get this set-up working right! Thanks!
    My computer is old, but it runs great!

So other programs don't record this click?

The Extigy operates on a USB interface with the computer, correct? Are all the USB drivers in working order? Are there a lot of other USB devices plugged into the computer while the Extigy is?

Is Sound Forge properly licensed? If not, the clicks may be there to prevent you from making anything useful with the product, while still being able to demonstrate its capabilities.