Thread: No Video on Boot

No Video on Boot

Ok my mom and dad picked up a pc the other day at a yard sale i looked it over for the usual burns,Capacitors bulged etc.. Ok so i hook up some ram and try to start fans turn on,cd drive opens, Hd is reading but no video out. So i take it to a buddy of mine after bout 30 min he discover processer has some bent pins i was like well its a celeron any way i'll take my P4 and put it in ta da it works. Ok after i get it back to my place and boot up it says somthing is wrong with my HD to unconnect any new HD or HD controllers. So i'm like Sh*T grab the windows disk put it in and restart. But this time no vidoe again???? I check the processer all is good. So why am i not getting any video now. Its a MIS motherboard i'll get part number later on i'm tired of messing with it tonight.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Sounds like you will be in for quite a lot of hassles with that system.

If it was at a garage sale, then why do you think the original owners were selling it?

The orginal owner built pcs for other ppl for a living it was a system someone bailed out on so he never finished it and wanted to move it. He said it had never even been started do the the fact he had no Ram or HD for it. I also have tried a AGP card and my ATI PCI-E card in it to see if either will put video out no luck on either.

Could only think of one thing, reset the bios.
    L8z
    ~LILAZNDEVIL~

I also have tried a AGP card and my ATI PCI-E card in it to see if either will put video out no luck on either.
    Does the board have ports for both platforms, or is video onboard? Reset CMOS, then make sure BIOS settings for video output are correct.