Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The New Eternal Debate: PC or Xbox 360?

The New Eternal Debate: PC or Xbox 360?

look at the Screenshot Comparisons for the 360 and the PC not a big diffrence at all, for those who are not sure, you can download content and mods for the 360. saw them lastnight

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6147028/index.html

Screen shots Xbox 360 Vs PC

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6147028/p-2.html
    Last edited by CrazyCrusher; 05-03-2006 at 01:14 PM.

PC for me any day, it's a waste to have a Xbox sitting around doing nothing
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

ill more than likely get it for the Xbox 360, im waiting for Intels new Processors to come out to upgrade

I'm actually a little surprised. I expected the Xbox360 to be atleast as good as a top end PC, but the high end PC looks better. Not tons better, and you probably wouldn't even notice without a side-by-side, but definately noticeable in those pics.

If the Xbox 360 already is already struggling to keep up with PCs now, in 3 years It will be really noticeable. And for something that is supposed to be 'cutting edge' for the next 6 years thats not good news for consoles.

I also wouldn't expect future Xbox 360 games to gain any image quality either, since Oblivion is clearly already maxxing its capabilities now. Past consoles improved with age since early games were unable to fully push their hardware.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. In every console, there always seems to be one game @ launch that is supposedly pushing the hardware's limits. That is never true though. As time goes on, Game companies learn how to encode the games better, and therefore can squeeze a little more performance out of games with just minor tweaks. When the gamecube came out, it launched with "Rouge Squadron: Rogue Leader." That game was (and still is) fantastic in it's graphics. However, 2 years down the road, they released a new instalation in that franchise, which pushed the graphics level again. It's because they learn what the hardware is capable of doing, and take advantage of what its strong points are. This is why it seems like games look better towards the end of a console's life. It will more than likely be exactly the same with the xbox 360.

xbox = PC

might as well get a PC and get a good Xbox emulator
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

well for a person who really doesn't have a high end PC and really doesn't wanna spend the money to upgrade it either XBOX360 all the way!
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

Part from the point its not a PC vS Xbox, even so you have to think of it this way the Xbox runs on a 3 core Processor 512 custom ATI graphics, and the coders arnt even using 60% of what the Xbox can push out its early days the coders are not use to it coding right now and have said so, they do not have it down to a tea yet. with the power thats in the Xbox 360 you have to think they build it with pure hourse power for a reason.

If the 360 has so much spare power how come it dosen't render as many backround deatils (foliage, etc) that is seen in the PC version of Oblivion?

as I said above they might not have it down to a tea when it comes to coding, they started making Oblivion nearly 3 years ago for the PC. have you seen the preview for Gears of War yet? the graphics for that game look nothing more than stunning and thats ever a few months away.

Thats true, it could be a poor port. I haven't seen too many complaints on the quality of port to 360, probably because its so hard on the PC hardware too.

Quote Originally Posted by AllGamer
    xbox = PC

might as well get a PC and get a good Xbox emulator
    Cool! I'll be sure to tell you how it goes in about 5 years. That should be about the time PC's are actually strong enough to emulate the original Xbox.
    yo trick, why you so **** doofus?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaster
    Cool! I'll be sure to tell you how it goes in about 5 years. That should be about the time PC's are actually strong enough to emulate the original Xbox.
    Actually, I'd give it about a year. The new Conroe processors are plenty powerful enough to emulate the original Xbox. When they become widely available, it will be awesome for everyone.

I would think that with all thats incorporated into todays PC's that they would always rule an XBox of any kind..

Can yuo play a XBox 360 on a higher resolution computer screen??? Then how can they be better unless you have a $6000 state of the art high def. TV monitor.

Am i missing something here??

Its quite OK for players to have both or one or the other. I can see why both are needed stilll.

I still like the arguments and debates over using keyboards and a joystick. I just cannot see using a joystick to play ALL games. With the PC.. you have options for both or either in many games..depending upon the game maker or type of game. Also, all games are still not avail. for both media..but its getting better> more console games are coming to PC.... and i have enough games already..but want the latest like everyone.... lol

You are correct that the diff. in the shown pic. is not that big of diffeernce.., but again..how are the original pics. displayed???
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

Ultimate Member
    I just want to reinforce the notion that it is entirly possible for games to get better on the 360. Struggling in oblivion does mean it is being maxed out, game code, especially for a game as large as oblivion can always be made more efficient if the developers take the effort to do it. There are many games that not only have sub-par graphics but also don't run well on any platform, including PC's.

Between the PC and XBOX360, its a tough choice really. I guess it comes down to how much $$$ you're willing/able to spend, as well as the type's of games you enjoy. Graphics on the 360 are very comprable to a high end PC if and only if you're running it on an HDTV set. If not, then it is on par with a mid range PC.

Flight simulators, FPS's and RTS games are IMO best left to the PC although the consoles seem to be making some good strides in the FPS genre, its still not "there" quite yet. Racing, fighting, sports, platform games are IMO better on a console. RPG's seem to be as good on either one for the most part.