Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: So 9 of us got scammed...

SCION---
    Dude you are TOTALLY out of line. Midknyte gave you some advice. I'd suggest you take it.
    Oh, and just a FYI, I am an attorney. Yes I do know a bit about the law and computers.
    Oh, and what I do most... corporate/criminal, "white collar crime".
    Two years and nothing has happened???
    Get on with life......
    Profanity: a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly.
    http://www.thegopnet.com

SCIONMESSENGER , Midknyte is part of the staff here...NOTE: We will not tolerate flamming like you did.....This is your one and only warning.

There are bots that go through sites like this and harvest addresses like you posted...Midnyte is protecting you from yourselfP

You can go into your USERCP and enable the Email option so that people can email if you wish.
    "Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than the rest of us...Nine horrible, worthless, baconless years."

For what it's worth add 1 more to the list

I have no idea whether this is still an open topic or not, but if anyone's listening you can add me to the list.

$13,995 later and only half of the traning that was actually offered was delivered on. I had ZERO help finding a job, of course.

They promised (2) bootcamps in (2) years. The first one was great. I passed all exams in the 2 week period (A+, NET+, and MCDST). I called just little over a year after to schedule the 2nd and they were having scheduling problems and gave me a date of a few months out to attend. Never head back from them, but a paralegal contacted me through e-mail about the company's action to file bankruptcy. There was instruction that further communication would come within 4-6 weeks. Never heard back. Tried calling all numbers that I had - no answer and disconncetion messages was all I received.

I'm think I'm entitled to 1/2 the tuition back. I don't think that's unreasonable. Had my brother-in-law's lawfirm look into it. They came up short. Couldn't find the formal filing in the bankruptcy courts with any of the company names that I had, e.g. MS Learning Partners, National Employment, CTEC.

If anyone is adding to this post, please keep me updated of any progress or any request for participation.

Thanks.

Mike

Ultimate Member
    Wow, that's an incredibly terrible way to get scammed...reminds me of the DOA Soyo rebates...I was a victim of one of those...of course nowhere near 14 grand.

I would say if you can get enough people together, you can find someone to put together a class action lawsuit for you. IANAL, but, each one of your losses is above the 10K minimum for FBI involvement, especially when combined together. This in theory should make it easer to file suit!

I could see JM loading his bat in the car and driving across country for an all nighter.
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

BTW - if anyone cares, the scammers are still at it.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddog
    I could see JM loading his bat in the car and driving across country for an all nighter.
    Ya learnin' (If more pplz did that kinda thing it'd happen less...... & there would be more Gun fights too)

Quote Originally Posted by Euthorus
    To make the long story short they took $14,000 from each of us and fell off the face of the earth.
    I wish I could do that ...... Feelin' a lil short O'ca$h right now ......... FBI Plagh
    Last edited by j.m@talk; 07-01-2008 at 10:57 AM.

I seem to have lost track a bit on Mr. Henry, his brother who taught the A+ course and was in on the scam, his friend Bidhu who he *hired* right out of college and the number of us who got scammed.

Anyone else get scammed recently ? Anyone ever see any court action or money paid back ? (I highly doubt it)

BTW. I still have ALL of the personal information on Bidhu and Mike and their kids (they used their kids SSN's to establish business entities) that some cool *marketing* firm in Cypress wants to buy.
    Last edited by Euthorus; 07-28-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Any updates to this? I haven't gotten any email updates in a long time either. :|

mgortega email me when you read this

i have a lawyer friend i can ask to help you guys out but most lawyers charge an arm and a leg, usually theyll be up front with you and say unless its $100k+, its most likely not goinna be worth it for you

usually the retainer fee and cost to go to go to their location and go to trial will run you about $10-15k just to get the ball rolling

Talking CTEC Academy

Any updates on CTEC Academy...? I'm still fighting !

Any New Info

Hey guys. Its been a while. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything. I ended up filing bankruptcy in 2008. My lawyer told me that the way the loan was set up it was to be taken care of. He lied. Im still getting calls and it shows up on my credit report as sold. Please if anyone knows anything email me! If it was really a school loan it should be taken care of since they were a false school. Has anyone else had any success getting their money back? Im on my last rope guys.