Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ViewSonic LCD monitors

I got a Viewsonic VX910 about 2 years ago for my main system, and have not regretted it for one second. I have a Viewsonic G75f on the computer on the adjacent wall, so it is easy to compare the two, and the VX910 is definitely better in many aspects. For one, LCD = no flicker, CRT = always a little flicker. And I am not talking about running the CRT at 56 or 60 hz. I have spent a lot of time in front of and adjusting monitors as I was the Lead Technician at a repair depot in the past. Even at high refresh rates, there is still a flicker to CRTs, you just don't see it as well, except through your peripheral vision.
    I also spend a fair amount of time gaming. I mostly play TreadMarks and UT2004, with a little HL2 and Doom3 for a change of pace. There is no drawback to using an LCD for gaming as long as you get a decent one. Stay away from cheap, no name displays, both LCD and CRT, and you should be fine.

The Dell Ultrasharp 18" flat panel I just tested looks great for new games (Painkiller) and for computing but horrible in MAME older games for some reason. Maybe it is the refresh rates?