Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What new games are ya all looking at this month through June??

What new games are ya all looking at this month through June??

Just wanted to start a thread about what ya alls gaming habits are.. like what newest release or soon to be are must have see and have... LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

HL2 E1
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Yeah... That is my next game also... ( HL2 E1 )...and possbly a couple others..like Timeshift...or maybe LOR BFME 2.

Kind of pointless for me as I have little money for games anyway. I keep playing one of my many games over again...like Q4 or F.E.A.R. or osme other..but am ready for something new... LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

I'm awaiting GRAW for PC, and R6 vegas. Hopefully R6 vegas will bring back all of what tom clancy games are supposed to be. Lockdown was a console port and virtually un-modable like R6 3.

nothing....

no one has released any good Strategy games for the past 5 or more years
    everyone is trying to just push and showel up to our ........ those MMORPG games, and FPS games, and basically train the whole human race into senseless killing machines
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Do I setect a bit of an attitude?? Heavy sarcasm...., yeah! thats best.

I too like strategy games..but just what kind are you looking for?? The new Rise of Nations is out and the latest LOTR is actaully quite an excellent game. I can see yur point ...as i am very picky about those games also.. but it takes quite a teamn of game makers to complete one of these..more so than a single shooter.

I did see where the new Ghost Recon edition is coming to PC soon and that is another must have i think. LOL

Elder Scrolls 3: Oblivion, Tomb Raider Legends and HL2 E1. I've got Oblivion, but unless you have serious hardware I wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRoll
    I'm awaiting GRAW for PC, and R6 vegas. Hopefully R6 vegas will bring back all of what tom clancy games are supposed to be. Lockdown was a console port and virtually un-modable like R6 3.
    GRAW as well. You have a lot more optimism than I about R6 Vegas. But, we shall see. You play rvs much?

Gears of War for XBOX 360 and Painkiller for regular XBOX.
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

Ultimate Member
    HL2: Ep1
    Guild Wars: Factions
    Hitman: Blood Money

GRAW and PREY are on the "Maybe" list, Condemned too, wasnt totally convinced by the demo

--Jakk

Condemned is really good on the XBOX 360.
    the prince of all saiyans will not fall again!

holoflux: Play with the .ini file in Oblivion. Modest to insanely excellent gains can be gotten out of it. Good initial and comprehensive starter that's been through the ringer so what's posted works and is stable, and if it isn't, they'll tell you - and how to fix it if you can.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article....CIID=36546&p=1

I'd have to say my gains were far more than I thought I'd see from tweaking. Bethesda was conservative with their settings and in some cases made some bad choices on some. 10 to 15+ FPS gain outdoors (where FPS is the worst) from what was about 25-30 before. Allows for better graphics settings to boot. Changing a few settings in the .ini works major wonders for this game. Add in a couple of mods and it's an excellent running engine.
    Last edited by Someone Stupid; 04-13-2006 at 05:35 PM.

SS: I've already tried playing around, but had another go just now. Still looks ****. It's just too stuttery and I can't stand the way details pop into view - imo on my system it's a turkey. Shame because Morrowind was my favourite game of all time and I consider my machine medium to high end spec. I'm not the only person to feel this way either.

It's kinda odd that quite a few are getting huge gains from these optimizations and others are getting little to none. Is your 3.6 a dual or a single core? Also read in another thread you played with the LOD tweaks... I'm only using the Distant Landscape LOD replacement mod without the added distant shadows mod and kept my bForceFullLOD set to 0 as 1 tanked my performance. Also running bloom since HDR isn't an option for me. I've even been able to up to 12x10 res or run 2xAA at 10x7 if I want to sacrifice about 3-5 FPS outdoors - before neither was an option and would stick me into the teens if not single digits.

I wonder what is making the tweaks moot for some. I wasn't getting anywhere until I followed the guide minus what I already mentioned I skipped.

It's a single core 3.08GHz P4 oc'd. I'm using Bloom also - HDR was far worse. I have bForceFullLOD = 0. Switched off AA. Using 84.43 drivers. Just looks bad. With all the pluggins, oblivion.ini and video tweaks I'm getting 8-28 fps at 12x10 it seems to average around 22. At 10x7 it's around 25 fps, but again drops down to as little as 8. There are 2 problems: a) these figures are generally too low, b) there is too much variation. I wonder if it's related to PCI-E vs AGP? Maybe I'll have another look over the weekend.