Thread: Web camera on line

Web camera on line

I want to have my webcam staring out the window at the garden invaders, birds and squirrels, which are very entertaining. How do I do this? Do I need special software and if so what and where and then can I attach it to my webspace or one of my websites?

docusk

Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

The camera has to be attached to computer.

Usually the camera comes with software that let you see the camera output on the monitor. Some cameras might include a utility to post it on the web.

Otherwise there are many stand alone programs that can it.

Example: http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/TinCam/tincam.html

Yes thanks, it's on the server for my small home network which is on 24/7 and it's up and running OK. I have looked in the CD that came with it but can't find anything other than the setup stuff. I'll have a look at your link so thanks for that.

docusk

Refurbished Computer.
    Gigabyte EP32-DS3L MOBO; 4Gb SDRAM; Intel EP8200 Core2Duo 2.6 CPU; HIPER PSU; Arctic Cool Freezer7Pro cooler; CD-R/RW; 2 X Western Digital 500 Gb SATA HDD plus Seagate 250 Gb HDD plus usual items. Windows 7 home premium.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    Make sure you realize that once you host the camera on the web, that you are then letting everyone on the Internet access to your computer network at home.

Security would be totally disabled and you would be asking for trouble.