Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Intel seen gaining edge over AMD

One has to wonder if this whole faster bigger better thing is going to go on.., but I guess in retrospect that is what they do.

A question comes to mind..: Are the two makers really doing this chip wars thing with the gamer, overall average consumer , or the big time companies ( servers and other ) in mind? Obviously, a market exists for all three.. and it must be real interesting to witness just how each company ( Intel and AMD ) is going about dealing with trying to make everybody happy and still eek out a profit and market share.

Here I sit.. an avid gamer...with intents on doing many more things with this rig.., and right now after OC my X2 chip some .., I am more than happy with the speed and performance.
    Some of yu have higher end machines than others ..and some have a godly(ist ) machine ( top of the heaps ), and still for some strange reason somewhere WE as a majority want more and more and more.... and I mean speed and performance that is.

Conroe or AM2 .. ?? Somewhere there must be a need for either..or is it just stiff competiion??

Another thing I find interesting if not a bit funny is that the chips like everything else in the computer tech. field are gettting smaller and smaller..trying to fit more stuff onto that chip... and its beyond me as to when it all will come to a tech. end or stalemate...

I do find it all very interesting stuff.... nonetheless , as do us all. LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS

it'll never stalemate or end. once we've reached the limits of RF clock cycles and what can possibly be done with current technology something new will be out ie a processor that uses light and mirrors to make computations like a dlp projection tv on a much smaller scale. or some sort of quantum processor.

just like the automotive industry topped out mileage they went to hybridization.

Boy.. some of you are smarter than I. Interesting comments..LOL
    Phenom 2 X4 B35 :ASRock N68C-S UCC: G Skill DDR1333 ( 4GB ): ATI Radeon HD6770 1GB : Logitech X504 5.1 SS speakers.:WD 500GB,&300GB Sata2 HD's ; Liteon Lightscribe 24X DVD/combo Drive : Antec 620C neo PSU: CTL 22"WS