Okay we all know how heatpipes work. liquid under vacuum gets heated and boils at a low temperature while and travels to the other end where it's cooled condensed and goes back to the other side to be boiled off again.

well here it goes. I want to do the same thing but bigger scale and clear so you can see it happening. My idea is to make a clear box with tube in the bottom from a res and pipes out the top for steam that goes over the processor. then the steam tubes lead into a cooling chamber which is basicly a large passive heatsink on the top of the case(covering the ENTIRE top of the case) then smaller fins inside the chamber where the water condenses then drips down into the resevoir to be reboiled again. this is in a vacuum just like the heatpipe only to a larger scale...

Do you think that a say 3x3x3 inch box for boiling would be sufficient cooling if i tuned the boiling point to say 95-100 degF? I'm going to build the circutry and write the program in borland builder to monitor and failsafe the system from catastrophic failure including a pressure sensor incase overnight a seal breaks and there is no vacuum anymore and the boiling point is back up to 210...

Any ideas or opinions are welcome. This is more for the cool look of a box of boiling water over my cpu and no loud cpu cooler even under load. My 2.2GHz laptop is almost ready to be a passive cooler too...