Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scroll Oblivion

Ultimate Member
    Well atleast you know you've got a stable system with that many straight hours of intense gaming What speeds are your CPU and video card running at?

Ultimate Member
    Suprisingly for me, its all still at stock - though the 146 was purchased specifically with the aim of cranking the life out of it at some point in the future.

Had one crash in Kvatch, but other than that - its all been good thus far - currently struggling through the Quest in the caves with the Mythic Dawn - it's getting a bit tough

--Jakk

Ultimate Member
    I'm currently fighting in the arena to earn some gold. No more steeling for me, tired of going to jail or having every gaurd in the game looking for me if I resist.

does any one know of some console codes to get my fps rating???

The main quest is kinda short, took me 3 days in which i played like 2-4 hours a day.

But luckely there are loads of sub quests like jakk said.
    my char (and my lovely horse ) ^^

ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Ultimate Member
    Got to admit the "crime" system in the game is a little bit off.

The actual idea of GTA on Horseback is great, along with the fact you can TWOC anything that isn't nailed down - however the way in which the guards hunt you down on sight is a little frustrating. For instance at the priory i accidentally picke dup an apple which didnt belong to me - upon re-entering the Imperial city i was dragged off to the Jail for said offence where i had to pay a fine of 1 Gold... as you cna imagine, things liek this are a bit irritating.

Also, im hearign lots of complaints about Auto-Levelling, but that hasnt really impacted upon me yet

--Jakk

Ultimate Member
    Yeah, I had the same issue at the priory... Infact, all I did was pic a lock, didn't even take anything from the chest.

someone mentioned a memory leak in the game. Is this true or a patch?
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

Ultimate Member
    I haven't had any issues myself

Is anyone running this on windows 2000? I don't have XP, not sure if that is needed. EB Games says XP is the required O/S but the Bethesda website doesn't say anything. Would hate to buy this tomorrow and can't even install it. If someone can let me know what the box says would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ultimate Member
    MINUMUM SYSTEM REQUIRMENTS
    -Windows XP
    -512MB System RAM
    -2GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivilent processor
    -128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver

8x DVD-ROM drive; 4.6 GB free hard disk space; DirectX 9.0c (included); DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card; Keyboard, Mouse

Yeah thats what EBgames said. Guess it's true. No ES:O for me.

It crashes once and awhile (well sometimes immediately for me). I'm dual prime stable in all test for 12 hours with 3dmark looping in the background, so there are some issues with the game. Still I usually can play for a few hours before a crash, sometimes it is less than that. With autosave it hasn't been that bad though. Still the best game I've spent money on in a long time. The leveling difficulty system some say needs work, I say just use the slider until you catch up equipment or stat wise. Spend those points wisely and you'll be fine.

X800 XT at 550/580 with opteron 165 at 2.8 w/ 2gigs ram.

1024x768 at 4xAF with 7 cell draw distance (9 was too much and not really needed), high details, bloom, max ranges and everything drawn but grass (hate how it looks and it's 3-5 FPS I can't afford just so I can't see what is on the ground when I kill someone). btw 25 and 75+ FPS depending on indoors or out. Shadows are at medium with no filtering. Some slight dips outside sometimes for no apparent reason, but its still highly playable since it isn't a shooter.

Is it just me who thinks the graphics suck? I loved Morrowind and had pre-ordered Oblivion, finally picked it up yesterday and started playing last night. The outdoor environment was not good. The mountains have minimal detail and trees/buildings magically pop into existence as I move forward - only the stuff within a small radius is actually being realized. Plus the frame rate drops right off as soon as there's an npc involved and is generally inconsistent. The characters looks nasty - the faces have strange colours, anti-aliasing is poor and when I took this guys armour his body was red. Quite frankly it looks horrible.

Now I haven't begun tweaking yet and the first thing I'm going to do is download and install the 'Oblivion nVidia compatible drivers', but to say I'm dissappointed is an understatement. What's going on? I've got the fastest AGP card on the market (7800GS), 3.6G P4, 2Gig RAM and I've shutdown all non-essential background tasks and services.

Quote Originally Posted by germanNiklas
    anyone has the game? its so amazing, never seen an rpg like this one
    the graphics are one of the best i have seen so far and you can do EVERYTHING you want, and i mean everything

you want a horse? three options: buy one, steal one or kill somebody on a horse ^^

the world is HUGE, so many dungeons, so many quests. if you like rpgs just a tiny bit, this game is a MUST!

I amazingly full of bugs,,,,lol
    You one of the lucky ones to manage to play it.
    Me the frame rates is s**t at any setting or resolution
    The oblivion forum show so many people with problem fps issues ,even those with nv 7900 and ati x1900.....

And Big world like this,,well you had the previous elder scroll,,that I never played ,,I heard this is the same map has elder scrolll 2... just nicer gfx.
    And for other great game like this you have Gothic 1 ,Gothic 2 and the upcoming Gothic 3,,, now these were good games.

I hope i'll be able to play oblivion in a patch or 2

Does look great...

znif

amd 3000ghz xp
    ati aiw 9800 pro
    1gig

Ostie