Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scroll Oblivion

Elder Scroll Oblivion

anyone has the game? its so amazing, never seen an rpg like this one
    the graphics are one of the best i have seen so far and you can do EVERYTHING you want, and i mean everything

you want a horse? three options: buy one, steal one or kill somebody on a horse ^^

the world is HUGE, so many dungeons, so many quests. if you like rpgs just a tiny bit, this game is a MUST!
    ASUS A8N-E Motherboard : AMD X2 4800+ CPU : 2 GB Kingston ValueRAM : ATI EAX 1950XTX : Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music

Ultimate Member
    I have it... I like it, and I don't even like RPG's generally.

Yep, it's a very pretty toy... these Elder Scrolls games just keep getting better and better. It's just a pity it takes so long between 'em...

Ultimate Member
    I'm not a fan of RPG's per se, but im intending to buy/steal this on Monday morning

--Jakkt

This is the only game I've waited for all year. Don't have it yet but I need to get it soon. I just hope I am able to jack up the graphics enough.
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

I've been looking forward to this game more than any other, as Morrowind has to be my favourite game of all time. I'm going to buy it tomorrow, but my concern is also hardware - I've been looking on the Bethesda forum and there seem to be a LOT of people with low fps even on high end systems. I'm not getting a clear picture as to the scale of the problem, but some tweaking is going to be required I feel. Seems like 2Gig RAM is better than 1, there are problems with SoundBlaster cards and horror of horrors the 7800 series. I don't want to be too negative at this point as I haven't even seen the game yet, but I remember similar problems with Morrowind. For the record:
    3GHz P4
    1Gig RAM
    7800GS

Ultimate Member
    I just reciently upgraded to a X1900XTX and have all the settings cranked all the way up including HDR. Running an Audigy 2 Platinum, 2GB and an opteron 146 @ 2.85GHz. Frames are always smooth as they should be with that hardware. I sold my old x800xl to my buddy and he just got the game today, the rest of his specs are exactly the same as mine so i'll ask him how his rig runs the game.

Ultimate Member
    I cant afford this, but ive just placed my order, shoudl be here in a day or so.

I get the sneaking feeling this could be the first game that my 7800GT/Opty 146 setup wont pull off at 1280x1024 with all the bells and whistles

--Jakk

Quote Originally Posted by RamonGTP
    I just reciently upgraded to a X1900XTX and have all the settings cranked all the way up including HDR. Running an Audigy 2 Platinum, 2GB and an opteron 146 @ 2.85GHz. Frames are always smooth as they should be with that hardware. I sold my old x800xl to my buddy and he just got the game today, the rest of his specs are exactly the same as mine so i'll ask him how his rig runs the game.

Def let us know. I only have a 6600GT vid card but have a 3500+ CPU and 2GB 3200Ram so I should be fine in the processor and memory department. I just want to see if my video card will handle at a decent resolution before buying. If not I won't buy the game, I'm not upgrading the video card twice in a year.

The game is not available in Hong Kong yet - should pick it up this Wednesday though. Just bought an extra 1 Gig RAM in anticipation.

Ultimate Member
    Well I spoke with my friend running the X800XL. He said it auto detected "high" so he left it at that, the only thing he changed was the resolution to 1280x1024 for his 19" LCD and says that it plays fine.

Another buddy of mine who has a X850XT and a s754 3700+ @ 2.6GHz with 2GB of ram will probably get the game this weekend so we'll see how that setup runs it.

What is the X800XL equivalent in the Nvidia product line?

Ultimate Member
    6800GT

**** it would be close then. I see they are recommending minimum of 6800GT on the box...

Ultimate Member
    It's now 3.36AM... i started playing at about 6.00PM yesterday afternoon... and im only a couple of missions into the "main" quest, not to mention the seemingly thousands of sub quests.

It's rather good.

Ultra Details at 1024x768 (0xAA, 16xAF, HDR) looks the sex (jaggies aside) and only bogs down during heavy activity on a 146 Opteron with 1.5GB RAM and a 7800GT

Really must get some sleep now though

--Jakk