Thread: Audio/Multimedia Bay Panels - what's the scoop on these?

Audio/Multimedia Bay Panels - what's the scoop on these?

I've been seeing many, many different types of these multimedia front panel bay devices. Initially, they seem like a very cool and logical solution to having all those cables going to the back of your PC. But I haven't ever bought one or seen anyone use one.

What's the scoop on these? Does anyone use these? Which one would you recommend?

I particularly need audio in/outputs, rca in/output, firewire, usb, maybe media card reader.

Kareem

Dell Inspiron 15, 7559 || Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz || Windows 10 Home || 16GHz DDR || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M || WD 1TB 7200, N.2 SSD 500GB

i don't use it, because it's a waste of space, i much rather use that 5.25" bay for another Hard drive or other devices.
    i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Quote Originally Posted by AllGamer
    i don't use it, because it's a waste of space, i much rather use that 5.25" bay for another Hard drive or other devices.
    Well that answers that...but you dont really think he cares do you?

Kareem, are you talking about front panel devices like on the creative platinum bundles? If so, I have been using those for about 3 years now. I had the Audigy 2 forever and now the x-fi. I simply couldnt live without those things anymore. It is so convenient to have access to all of that in the front of your PC along with the volume controls and even having a remote to top it all off. If you are considering one and need the access and convenience, then you should just buy it. You will not be disappointed.

www.frontx.com

Recommended.
    MS MCP, MCSE

That's exactly what I'm referring to. I've researched a few and decided to go with a Koutech model. It has card reader, two usb2.0, IEEEa, audio ports, S-video in/out. I made sure the motherboard had all header (pin) connectors for this panel, aside from having rear connectors.

Dell Inspiron 15, 7559 || Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz || Windows 10 Home || 16GHz DDR || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M || WD 1TB 7200, N.2 SSD 500GB

Many of these use pass through cables that do not connect to the motherboard but instead are connected to the backpanel, ie, USB and sound. So that my or may not be something you'll want to look at.
    Good luck!